.300 ammo sale

2smartby1/2

Not sure if folks are aware, but there are two pretty good sales going on for .300 ammo.

#1 - A couple of BOGO's on Australian Munitions ammo from Global Ordnance. I've never used this ammo before, so I don't know much about that ammo other than one version uses Sierra Matchking Bullets, and the other version has black cases.

They are both $159.80 for 200 rounds, and you get another 200 rounds free. Shipping is $12.95, so it works out to about $.432 per round. That is a pretty good price for NEW .300 range ammo.

The second link just ran out of stock today (it was there yesterday).

https://globalordnance.com/global-exclusive-black-case-144-grain-300-blackout-buy-one-get-on-free/

https://globalordnance.com/buy-1-get-one-free-case-of-australian-munitions-300-blackout-125-gr-hp-matchking/

When I looked at their shipping restrictions for Global Ordnance, I didn't see anything in regards to Cook county.

#2 - Target Sports has a nice sale on Hornady Black 110gr V-Max. $129.99 for 200 rounds with free shipping. I just ordered some and assuming UPS delivers in record cold, it should be here tomorrow.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/hornady-black-300-aac-blackout-ammo-110-grain-v-max-80876-p-109032.aspx

This is loose ammo, but it does come with an ammo box.

I'd put V-Max as top 5, (if not not top 2 or 3) in terms of PD ammo for .300BLK based on the way Hornady loads the rounds.

At $0.65 a round shipped, this is a steal IMO, and less than half the price of Barnes or Lehigh ammo. No...they don't have the 4 pretty petals like the others brands, but in terms of two legged varmints, fragging will get the job done just the same.

I believe Target Sports ships to Cook county.

I thought I would share for the non-reloaders. It is nice to be able to feed the .300 without taking out a second mortgage. I didn't want to spend $1.50 a trigger pull to test out some PD ammo.

Welcome to last month, "LOL"

Both listed above, good stuff, the Australian is packed real nice, very accurate.

The Hornady Vmax also very accurate, great for HD

I didn't like how the vmax was packed, loose rounds in plastic bag in a plastic ammo box, no filler, although all seem to arrive OK

Brownell's has had some Sellier & Bellot for + or -.50 a round shipped using promo codes

Welcome to last month, "LOL"

Both listed above, good stuff, the Australian is packed real nice, very accurate.

The Hornady Vmax also very accurate, great for HD

I didn't like how the vmax was packed, loose rounds in plastic bag in a plastic ammo box, no filler, although all seem to arrive OK

Brownell's has had some Sellier & Bellot for + or -.50 a round shipped using promo codes

Yeah, I knew at least the BOGO had been around for a bit..but I didn't see it listed here....thought I would share. I figured the Aussie ammo using the SMK HP's would be accurate, but I wasn't sure how hot they were loaded. Non expanding HP's sounds like pure range ammo.

I've heard the V-Max is super-accurate and Hornady loads them fairly hot. Should be perfect for HD/PD out to 200 yards or so. Hopefully mine arrive in OK shape with the extreme cold we are getting.

I meant to order from Brownell's....didn't get to it until after the New Year....when I went to checkout, I noticed that we are now being charged sales tax. Bummer.

Still...the 200 round pack of 124gr S&B FMJ comes in at $0.53 a round shipped with the $10/free shipping code. Not bad.

BTW, that Aussie SMK version is back in stock....for the moment (8 left).

Well, UPS braved the cold. The Hornady Black 110gr V-Max arrived today.

The ammo case was dusty on the outside, and yup, the rounds were loose in a large plastic bag, but everything seems to be OK. The "filler" was basically the extra plastic bag stuffed in the box. Loaded up one of my Coyote Tan (Blackout only) mags and set it aside.

Can't beat that price for quality ammo.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived