POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

Grumble....

On topic, my phone apparently has the olde. Not supported by anything. I guess I'll stick to the PC version. :(

Can you update your device to a newer Android version?

I'm working on it, but so far even Kies from Samsung doesn't support my phone. I'm investigating other options.

I have a Galaxy S Captivate. Samsung's site lists an upgrade for the SGH-I896, but mine is a I897. Not sure what the difference is, but it seems to matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to piss in anyone's punch but why reinvent the wheel?

There are apps that cover the whole U.S. Lets just make sure our locations are added!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ryan.posted&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581?mt=8

@rubble,

These two apps are authored by the same person that worked with IllinoisCarry to make available an Illinois specific web app (free to use) with the data being automatically agitated into the national application. I forget his handle, but he is a member on here.

No reinvention - just a new (and very welcome) presentation. Just need Illinois - free via the web app. Want a national database, as well as more functionality (like 'near me') - buy the apps. Choice is yours - data is the same.

Personally, I purchased both the Android and IOS versions, and still have the web app bookmarked. I encourage everyone I know to buy this app and populate it. As far as I know, any report via the app on your phone will also show in the web app.

There are apps that cover the whole U.S. Lets just make sure our locations are added!!

https://play.google....an.posted&hl=en

https://itunes.apple...d530004581?mt=8

Hey Rubble,

Roady has it covered. :) The IllinoisCarry web version integrates fully with the same DB as Posted! iPhone, Android & Kindle apps. Any location added from any of these versions will show up on all. The only difference is functionality: the smartphone versions include a lot more options & features than the web version (ability to find locations “near me”, ability to auto-populate address & GPS when adding location, ability to take & view pictures of location, ability to map locations, etc…) but they all have the same key goal and same database. The goal is to have many ways for gun owners to both input new locations and to view existing locations. The more visibility we can shine on these anti-gun places, the bigger impact we can have on changing their minds.

I’m glad you like the apps! :thumbsup: We have several more ideas and features (both for the web version and for the full phone versions) that will be coming up over the next few months.

Works fine on my Android. Samsung Galaxy 3.

So far the only one close to me is Buffalo Wild Wings in Springfield. I'll have to start paying more attention as I'm out and about and add any I see.

Yep. So far, it's pretty much only the hard-core antis that have posted. I expect the anti-gun groups (and some anti-freedom local police forces) to start twisting arms to get the signs up everywhere sometime before the first permit is issued. That's when we will be able to make the biggest impact as a counter-balance.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been using the POSTED! app for a couple years since I got my Florida permit. Has come in handy while carrying in friendlier lands than our own. After speaking with a few fellow Illinois CCW seekers tonight, we had an idea.

Why not organize a day where we all use POSTED! to visit these businesses and let our feelings be known. Many users have already printed their own No Guns/No Money cards or purchased some. Let's combine the message with the power of POSTED! to send the message home in a unified front from the gun owners of Illinois.

One of my buddies is a Illinois instructor, who I supplied with plenty of No Guns/No Money cards said he's handing them out to everyone who comes through the class. And, he'd be willing to email everyone to help organize such an event.

We have been ignored for so long, I think many business owners will be surprised at the volume of our voice!

Why not organize a day where we all use POSTED! to visit these businesses and let our feelings be known. Many users have already printed their own No Guns/No Money cards or purchased some. Let's combine the message with the power of POSTED! to send the message home in a unified front from the gun owners of Illinois.

We have been ignored for so long, I think many business owners will be surprised at the volume of our voice!

Sounds like a great idea to me. It will be especially useful as the "on the fence" business as they start to post due to pressure from local anti-gun and some police groups. We might now be able to affect a change at the hard-core antis like Toys 'R Us, AMC, or BW3. But there are (and will be) a lot of businesses that could go either way, and are susceptible to peer pressure if done politely.

I bought 'Posted!' a while ago. Great app. Just upgraded to a Nexus 5 and.... 'You device isn't compatible with this version'. :'(

I sent an email about this and there response was quick and they said they are working on updating it to work with Kit Kat OS I hope it will be soon!

Sorry for the delay, but it’s close to being ready. I am concurrently working on updating the Android and the iPhone versions to work on Android 4.4, work better on IOS7, include a couple new UI features, adding "Verify" option for existing entries, improve the scoring / badges, and change the way the DB is sending / receiving the data (b/c the current backend process is too inefficient and is wasting space). My plan is to complete and test all items by Thanksgiving weekend, and I’ve devoted most of that weekend to it. My goal is a new release by the last day of November.

Archived