What's your *carry gun?

kurt555gs

Well, that's still a very admirable position! Though it doesn't seem to come with the added privilege to do something that's already your right (if you know what I mean).

No doubt he can flick his bic in all 50 states! No disrepect meant, asst-chief.

When I was way younger, I wanted to be a fire fighter.

But I failed the first question on the test, "Are you now or are you willing to become a pervert?" so I became a cop instead.

(old time cop v. firefighter trash talking)

I had a buddy of mine who was a fire fighter-paramedic. Wqe were at his fire barn one day and while waiting toi get off duty he opened his locker and the interior of the door was covered with ladies under garments. I looked at him with apparently a strange look and he said, "oh, those from all my OB cases where we helped delver a child in the home, car or wherever"

Well, that's still a very admirable position! Though it doesn't seem to come with the added privilege to do something that's already your right (if you know what I mean).

No doubt he can flick his bic in all 50 states! No disrepect meant, asst-chief.

None taken! There's probably a law here in Illinois that says I can't carry a loaded and concealed bic because I'll start an arson rampage.

When I was way younger, I wanted to be a fire fighter.

But I failed the first question on the test, "Are you now or are you willing to become a pervert?" so I became a cop instead.

(old time cop v. firefighter trash talking)

I had a buddy of mine who was a fire fighter-paramedic. Wqe were at his fire barn one day and while waiting toi get off duty he opened his locker and the interior of the door was covered with ladies under garments. I looked at him with apparently a strange look and he said, "oh, those from all my OB cases where we helped delver a child in the home, car or wherever"

I'm thinking it may have been a little less "weird" had he gotten pictures of the babies instead. Actually, I came into the Air Force as a cop however, about half-way through basic training, they told me I had too many speeding tickets to be a cop. So, they turned me loose on a 60,000 lb fire truck instead. World hasn't been safe since!

Like adult diapers. DEPENDS. Have a few to choose from. My Kahrs a great guns but still waiting on my holsters to come into my LGS. For now I use a couple Blachawk cheapies for them and the Kel Tec. Have two for my Beretta. A Garette Silent Thunder IWB and a American Holster Company Invisi-Tuck. Both great holsters. Have a Pennsylvania LTCF and waiting on my Fla permit also. Carry legally whenever I can. Which is most of the time. Container in state or CCW out of state and always CCW in my house or on my property. I am a simi old man with a love of firearms who has a nice collection that is growing. Not to old to fight. Just to old to want to waste the energy. I mind my own business and live in the country. Practice a little with all my guns from time to time. Never look for a fight. Will walk away if I can. But know an a** whipping aint worth someones life. Keep up on the laws as you all do. You all keep up the good advice and great fight.

Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5175/p1030049.jpg

-13 rounds of 9mm

-Small and relatively easily concealable

-SA / DA (best of both worlds, IMO)

-Accurate for a barrel that size

-Manual Safety

-Comfortable and easy to grip

-Looks cool :D

Still looking forward to shooting that thing!

When I out of this silly state...I carry a G23 IWB with a Tommy Theis holster and a Beltman belt. I may also carry my G36 - depends on my mood and where I am going.

Just bought a S&W M&P 9c and a Kahr CM9 yesterday - will carry the Kahr most of the time once trained...and the M&P from time to time as it gets colder again!

Illinois car gun: Ruger P95 (Not an heirloom; could survive theft of it without serious emotional damage.)

When carrying out of state, with a permit: depends on season/temperature, but one of the following:

- Glock 32 (.357 SIG)

- Glock 33 (.357 SIG)

- S&W Airweight snub

- Beretta 950

Re: the Beretta .25, I know, I know, but I haven't gotten around to buying that Ruger LCP yet. :D

-Max

Would anyone laugh at the prospect of carrying one of these?

http://www.90thdivisionassoc.org/images/jpgs/Liberator.jpg

Frankly, I might rather have one of these liberators than a NAA mini-revolver!

A real one will set you back $2500 and a good replica will set you back about $500

Pretty crazy prices for a pistol that cost about $2.50/each to make during WWII.

• 2 months later...

I only own two guns, a Ruger MkIII, and an STI Trojan 9mm, so I've started carrying the Trojan in my house, it's big, so I'm considering buying a Walther PPS for CCW duty, and that way they don't confiscate my expensive STI if something should happen.

http://openprojects.rarcoa.com/~miztic/trojansm.jpg

Trojan 9mm? Exactly what I've been looking for to shoot 9mm in IDPA. I'll trade you for a kidney, you can keep it on ice just in case!

We shot a Diamondback DB9 as a special BUG stage last weekend at the IL state IDPA match, and i was impressed by that little gun. Everyone shot 5 shots at 5 targets starting @ 7 yards and coming in to 1 yard (shot targets near to far). Little gun does have a long DOA trigger, but the recoil was much more manageable than expected. Points very nicely, I have a feeling this will be on my list of what to get here very soon. Will it replace a G19? no, but as an alternative, I like it alot.

I only own two guns, a Ruger MkIII, and an STI Trojan 9mm, so I've started carrying the Trojan in my house, it's big, so I'm considering buying a Walther PPS for CCW duty, and that way they don't confiscate my expensive STI if something should happen.

http://openprojects.rarcoa.com/~miztic/trojansm.jpg

Trojan 9mm? Exactly what I've been looking for to shoot 9mm in IDPA. I'll trade you for a kidney, you can keep it on ice just in case!

I did have possibly doing IDPA matches in mind when I bought it, but I'm not giving it up, it's been an excellent gun.

I rarely drink, so I have some kidneys of my own to trade hehe.

Seriously, have you ever heard "the Internet is forever?"

Yeah, but like most its too late for me to worry about that kind of crap now.

When IL gets rtc Im partial to Kimbers but the problem is, theyre almost too nice to carry. My every day beater will be the Springfield xdm .45 compact I just got. If it gets wear marks, I dont care.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Seriously, have you ever heard "the Internet is forever?"

Yeah, but like most its too late for me to worry about that kind of crap now.

When IL gets rtc Im partial to Kimbers but the problem is, theyre almost too nice to carry. My every day beater will be the Springfield xdm .45 compact I just got. If it gets wear marks, I dont care.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

yea same here i'm thinking on going with a stubby 357 charter arms.

Agreed. And when you get to the point of carrying one everyday (or nearly everyday) you will be amazed at how quickly the gun ages (in terms of finish wear, etc.). But that said, I think the first criterion in choosing an every day carry gun is that it is extremely reliable, and the second is that you shoot it well and are comfortable with it. That it is "cheap" or "expendable" is probably worthy of being further down on the list of criteria for a carry gun. And deciding to carry a "cheap" gun merely because it might get confiscated? First, that is a very low possibility, and second, may belie living in an overly-oppressive state too long!

There are working guns, and there are collectable/presentation/safe-queen guns. It's important not to confuse the two!

Archived