Meprolight True-Dot night sight question: Is the front sight for the 10mm/.45 ACP the same as the .40 S&W front sight?

ChicagoRonin70

I ordered a Meprolight True-Dot front night sight off of Amazon under this listing, and I see answers to the question that are both affirmative and negative. Pretty much unhelpful, therefore.

So, does anyone know if just the front sight post for Meprolight True-Dot sights are the same thing for 10mm/.45 as the 9mm/.357 SIG, .45GAP, and .40 S&W? They look identical to the ones I have compared it to on other Glocks that have the True-Dots, and the listing has three different versions (22/24/26) in the same listing, but since it is Amazon, you never can tell.

I don't want to waste time installing it if there is some micro-minimal variation that will nonetheless make a difference in how the firearm shoots with it.

Any ideas?

I do believe factory sights are the same height in front on both frames, with the rear being slightly taller on the large frame guns. Logic would lead me to believe that Meprolight uses one front sight with different rears then according to frame size. The way the ad is listed shows compatability with all sets as well. I think you're gtg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the answer to your question......However word of warning be careful with them. I ordered that exact same front sight off Amazon a few months ago for my Gen 4 Glock 19 and I stripped it out trying to install it. It wouldn't get 100% tight on the slide and it still had the slightest amount of side to side wiggle so I over tightened it. (My fault)

I then ordered another one and had the same problem. Just like the first one it has a real hard time staying tight on the slide, although at least I was smart enough not to try and make it super tight and strip it out. Even after using liberal amounts of rock set I just can't get it to stay 100% secure. It wiggles just slightly. Not enough to throw off the sight picture but just enough to make it come loose in time because it has that play in it. It seems to me as if the base of the sight is not large enough for the cut out in the slide on my G19 thus allowing the side to side movement. It has no up and down movement at all.

Could be it was made for a thicker slide model or not made for the Gen 4. Could even be my Glocks slide is not cut correctly although the factory sights fits real snug.

Not sure what the problem is but I just thought I would let you know of my experiences for whatever its worth. Good Luck.

Not sure about the answer to your question......However word of warning be careful with them. I ordered that exact same front sight off Amazon a few months ago for my Gen 4 Glock 19 and I stripped it out trying to install it. It wouldn't get 100% tight on the slide and it still had the slightest amount of side to side wiggle so I over tightened it. (My fault)

I then ordered another one and had the same problem. Just like the first one it has a real hard time staying tight on the slide, although at least I was smart enough not to try and make it super tight and strip it out. Even after using liberal amounts of rock set I just can't get it to stay 100% secure. It wiggles just slightly. Not enough to throw off the sight picture but just enough to make it come loose in time because it has that play in it. It seems to me as if the base of the sight is not large enough for the cut out in the slide on my G19 thus allowing the side to side movement. It has no up and down movement at all.

Could be it was made for a thicker slide model or not made for the Gen 4. Could even be my Glocks slide is not cut correctly although the factory sights fits real snug.

Not sure what the problem is but I just thought I would let you know of my experiences for whatever its worth. Good Luck.

Wow, that is a real problem. I feel for you as i would be mad if one of my more favored edc pistols was not 100%. I wish both of you success in solving this.

Wow, that is a real problem. I feel for you as i would be mad if one of my more favored edc pistols was not 100%. I wish both of you success in solving this.

Yeah it is my every day carry gun on most days. But its not that bad, just a little annoying. It takes a couple hundred rounds before it starts to get so loose it goes out of alignment. Which is one of the only reasons I haven't changed it out yet. I just re-tighten it after range sessions. One of these days I will get some new sights but I'm afraid to buy any of the more expensive ones in case they have similar fitment issues. Plus I'm not sure about how other manufacturers front sights would match with the Meprolight rear I have on there already.

Never had this problem with trijicon or glock sights. Lately I just send my slide to glock and they install the night sights (it's $57 including the sights)

If you strip the slide before you send it they install all new parts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I do believe factory sights are the same height in front on both frames, with the rear being slightly taller on the large frame guns. Logic would lead me to believe that Meprolight uses one front sight with different rears then according to frame size. The way the ad is listed shows compatability with all sets as well. I think you're gtg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I figured, but it never hurts to get some additional views on the subject.

I am actually replacing the rear sight on the firearm with The Rowlanator that comes with my .460 Rowland® conversion for the Glock 30SF I just acquired, The Glock stock front sight, not only being plastic, seems to make the laser boresight I use aim high, so this should correct that a bit. Also, I much prefer metal sights, especially on any blockbuster muzzle-blast firearm, like 10mm or the Rowland.

Archived