Glock 34 MOS or Glock 40 MOS

aka

Any advice or suggestions?

I am torn between getting a Glock 34 MOS (9mm) or a Glock 40 MOS (10mm).

I have several 9mm handguns so it makes sense to get the Glock 34 MOS. On the other hand having a 10mm gun fulfills other needs like potentially using it for hunting.

I have never owned a 10mm and I have fired about 100 rounds from an older Glock. The recoil and the kick were manageable.

Any suggestions are welcome. Unfortunately I cannot get both (I would if I could).

Thanks.

From my experience with guns that could be relegated to the safe queen status, here is what I would consider before making your decision:

Will the cost of 10mm ammo prevent you from shooting it as much as you'd like?

And that's pretty much it lol.

I have a Glock 29 and if I didn't reload, I'd rarely if ever shoot it. Same with my 44 mag. They're both pretty close in price for factory ammo. I reload both for a fraction of the cost so I'm able to shoot them more often rather than letting them sit in the safe.

That's pretty much all I can think of. It's good that you'd use the 10mm for hunting so that would be a great use for it. It's the price of practicing with it that'll kill you though, but if the ammo costs aren't a concern, that's what I'd lead towards.

And 10mm is pretty awesome. I enjoy shooting the cartridge and I'm sure out of the 40 MOS it would be amazing. The 29 is a handful to say the least.

Excluding rimfire, I only purchase firearms for which I reload.............. or for which I can buy dies - lol

You might be surprised how affordable reloading can be - I'm a huge fan of Lee reloading gear myself - were it not for their economical pricing I too would still be stuck buying factory made ammo and shooting less. You DON'T save money by reloading, you just get more rounds per dollar.

A friend of mine has a 20, 29, and 40 MOS with a Fastfire III. The 40 is definitely manageable and tons of fun, even with Underwood. I buy the Armscor Precision (not Armscor American) 10mm for about $18.50 online for my 20. Not as cheap as 9mm, but I reload the brass.

At the end of the day I usually end up shooting my 9mm guns just because it's cheap to buy, and I don't have to chase all of the brass around for when I reload because it's cheap online.

Archived