Photo

ISP announces new online CCL and FOID application process

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
115 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,768 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

http://www.kfvs12.co...ication-process

SPRINGFIELD, IL (KFVS) -

Illinois State Police (ISP) says the agency will begin accepting online FOID applications beginning March 16, 2015.

According to a news release, the ISP says this will provide a more streamlined and modernized application process.

State police will no longer accept the current FOID paper applications after Monday, March 9, 2015.

Like the CCL, the new FOID application will be available through the department's website or through the paper alternative call center method for those individuals who do not have computer access.

Minors under the age of 21 without a state of Illinois Driver's License or Identification card and Amish applicants will be required to complete an alternative call-in paper application.

The ISP has also made changes to the login for both the CCL and FOID applications.

Applicants will no longer be required to obtain a state of Illinois digital I. D. through the Department of Central Management Services.

This login change will allow users greater accessibility to the new application process.

According to ISP, all new applicants and returning CCL applicants will need to register with the Illinois State Police by providing some key identifiers found on their Illinois Driver's License or Identification card, creating a username and password, and answering four security questions.

The CCL website will be unavailable beginning Friday, March 13, 2015, at 5 p.m., until Monday, March 16, 2015, at 7 a.m., in order to implement the new FOID system.

Federal Firearm Licensed (FFLs) dealers will also have access to the web-based portal in order to conduct the required background checks of those wanting to buy a gun.

All FFL's in the state of Illinois are required to register with the ISP via the website at www.ispffl.com or by calling 217-524-3847 to continue to perform background checks after the launch of the new system.

The old FTIP system will be closed on March 15 at 4 p.m. to allow data to be transferred to the new system. Beginning March 16, at 8:30 a.m., firearm dealers will be able to submit firearm background transactions via the website and follow up on previously requested checks based upon a transaction number.

Firearm dealers using the web-portal during the first 30 days of implementation will be able to submit transactions at no cost.

The traditional fee of $2 is being waived.

Firearm dealers will also still have the option of using the 800 number dial-up process; however, dealers will be charged the $2 processing fee for this option.

The new CCL and FOID application process is intended to provide a user-friendly portal designed to ease and streamline both application processes.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 Chief Illiniwek

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Sounds promising.  I hope the data transfer goes smoothly. 

Liberals:  If the shoe doesn't fit, make everyone wear it.  -  Ann Coulter

IllinoisCarry Supporting Member

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

#3 bfreeman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Thanks Molly. That is great news. No more digital id headache.

#4 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

So if we have FOID and CCL we will need to reregister on here? Hopefully it doesn't screw up any of our current cards.

#5 TyGuy

• Members
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:21 PM

AWESOME   The fewer steps the better

ILSP Approved CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
ISRA Member
GOA Member

Buy my stuff!

My favorite post ----- Walmart Thread ----- Ammo Alert Thread ---- Daily Deals Thread

#6 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

So if we have FOID and CCL we will need to reregister on here? Hopefully it doesn't screw up any of our current cards.

This. Hopefully it's not a headache for all of us almost 100,000 people that have a DigID for it!

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

This. Hopefully it's not a headache for all of us almost 100,000 people that have a DigID for it!

right...

I feel this will be a nightmare in all reality. I already have my FOID and CCL. Whose to say they don't lose my data and suddenly I am breaking the law carrying. 

#8 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,768 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

Reregister?  I do not see that.  This change will be for anyone applying after March 13.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#9 rams_1_again

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

I'm curious how this is going to be handled for juveniles.  "Minors under the age of 21 without a state of Illinois Driver's License or Identification card and Amish applicants will be required to complete an alternative call-in paper application."  I guess this means that a notary isn't required to obtain FOID's for children any longer?  Maybe I'll try the new system for my kiddos.

#10 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Members
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

Reregister?  I do not see that.  This change will be for anyone applying after March 13.

It looks like we will "register" @the ISP web site, kinda like registering @ this forum/website.
Then you will have an account there @ the ISP.
When answering the questions which are already linked to your CCL/Drivers License, it will hook up up!

Just my opinion as I read it.
Shouldn't be stressful at all.

#11 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

Will this also be for renewals for FOID or just initial applications?

#12 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,944 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

I have this sneaking feeling that someone here deserves a lot of credit for making this happen.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#13 TRJ

Esse quam videri

• 8,891 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

Nice! If it works as advertised this should be so much simpler. No more compatibility mode on windows!
I'm going to tell the Mrs to wait on her application so we can try this out. We were going to fight through the digital I'd this weekend. No more.

#14 bobapunk

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

I love the way that the State's IT people  "fixed" the Java8 problem... :)

If you can't fix the problem, eliminate the problem!

#15 bobapunk

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

These change are scheduled to be live on the 16th.

Nice! If it works as advertised this should be so much simpler. No more compatibility mode on windows!
I'm going to tell the Mrs to wait on her application so we can try this out. We were going to fight through the digital I'd this weekend. No more.

#16 TRJ

Esse quam videri

• 8,891 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

These change are scheduled to be live on the 16th.

Yeah, I caught that the first time reading it. I'm happy to avoid doing digital ID again, and she's fine waiting an extra week to apply.
Thanks for looking out though.

#17 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Nice. They did get enough money from the CCL process to use it for something.

Edited by spec5, 06 March 2015 - 05:03 PM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#18 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 4,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

It looks like we will "register" @the ISP web site, kinda like registering @ this forum/website.
Then you will have an account there @ the ISP.
When answering the questions which are already linked to your CCL/Drivers License, it will hook up up!

Just my opinion as I read it.
Shouldn't be stressful at all.

One can only hope it's that simple. This is Illinois, after all.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of free speech, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."  
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

"One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest." —Me

"Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck."—Samurai proverb

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."—Robert Heinlein

"I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist."—Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it."—Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg     

#19 Getzapped

Gunsmith Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

We'll see how it goes.  I have been waiting 4 months for them to get the FTIP website up and running.  

logoforum_zps0763fe59.png

#20 3ddiver

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

We'll see how it goes.  I have been waiting 4 months for them to get the FTIP website up and running.

Yep they wanted you to rush and sign up and I keep checking to see if it is useable and no luck so far. Good to hear there is a timetable now.

#21 RacerDave6

• 3,507 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

I'm guessing this means they have moved the making of the FOID card in house and no longer contract that out.

I wonder if they have moved all other parts of the process out of contractors hands and now do it all in house.

Maybe they won't be losing $2 on each card now.

Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#22 rubicon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

I have said it before and I will say it again...I really hated the Digital I.D. non-sense and it did not belong in the CCL Application Process. Thank You, Molly B.

#23 AJR

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

More good news.  :clap:

“Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.” -- Bruce Lee

American Firearms Training of Illinois

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

NRA Range Safety Officer

NRA Instructor: BP, CRSO, RTBAV, PPITH, PPOTH
T.C.T.I. Semi-Auto Firearms Instructor
Utah Conceal Carry Firearms Instructor

Illinois State Police Approved Conceal Carry Firearms Instructor

#24 wtr100

• Members
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

onward and upwards

Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning

ISRA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
ISP Approved Concealed Carry Instructor

#25 papa

• Members
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

I am very happy to hear this news.

#26 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

I'm thrilled but I wish I knew about this before I sent my wife's app out. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#27 cnwfan3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

The digital ID has always seemed to be a pain in the arse.  With the new Java update, I have not been able to log on to my account for a while.  This is good news.

#28 papa

• Members
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

Is this the number we have to call for FOID and FCCL now when this goes into effect?  ---> ( 217 ) 782-7980

#29 Bhawk99

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

http://www.kfvs12.co...ication-process

SPRINGFIELD, IL (KFVS) -

Illinois State Police (ISP) says the agency will begin accepting online FOID applications beginning March 16, 2015.

According to a news release, the ISP says this will provide a more streamlined and modernized application process.

State police will no longer accept the current FOID paper applications after Monday, March 9, 2015.

Like the CCL, the new FOID application will be available through the department's website or through the paper alternative call center method for those individuals who do not have computer access.

Minors under the age of 21 without a state of Illinois Driver's License or Identification card and Amish applicants will be required to complete an alternative call-in paper application.

The ISP has also made changes to the login for both the CCL and FOID applications.

Applicants will no longer be required to obtain a state of Illinois digital I. D. through the Department of Central Management Services.

This login change will allow users greater accessibility to the new application process.

According to ISP, all new applicants and returning CCL applicants will need to register with the Illinois State Police by providing some key identifiers found on their Illinois Driver's License or Identification card, creating a username and password, and answering four security questions.

The CCL website will be unavailable beginning Friday, March 13, 2015, at 5 p.m., until Monday, March 16, 2015, at 7 a.m., in order to implement the new FOID system.

Federal Firearm Licensed (FFLs) dealers will also have access to the web-based portal in order to conduct the required background checks of those wanting to buy a gun.

All FFL's in the state of Illinois are required to register with the ISP via the website at www.ispffl.com or by calling 217-524-3847 to continue to perform background checks after the launch of the new system.

The old FTIP system will be closed on March 15 at 4 p.m. to allow data to be transferred to the new system. Beginning March 16, at 8:30 a.m., firearm dealers will be able to submit firearm background transactions via the website and follow up on previously requested checks based upon a transaction number.

Firearm dealers using the web-portal during the first 30 days of implementation will be able to submit transactions at no cost.

The traditional fee of $2 is being waived.

Firearm dealers will also still have the option of using the 800 number dial-up process; however, dealers will be charged the $2 processing fee for this option.

The new CCL and FOID application process is intended to provide a user-friendly portal designed to ease and streamline both application processes.

Thanks Molly for the update

#30 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

So, does this mean we will no longer need to install the buggy, security-hole-laden Java on our computers?
Or is Java still needed?