Trump to ban bump stocks within two-three weeks.

Raw Power

• 1 month later...

Yes, a simple firearm accessory will soon be illegal, which has opened the door to make ANY firearm accessories illegal in the near future. They'll go after mags real hard in the near future and they'll cite the bumpstock ban when doing so. While calling it "common sense legislation" and "fair regulation allowed by the 2nd Amendment"

It sucks that Trump and the NRA sold us down the river on this, because the future implications will be far reaching.

Bumping this (pun intended)...

So what's the deal. Are these now illegal on the 21st?

3 weeks from today?

I have not seen much in the news other than a failed court case.

There's been several lawsuits filed and are proceeding through the court system including one from GOA. Two of the lawsuits failed to get preliminary injunctions but the cases continue. There's been a lawsuit filed in Illinois too. The action was illegal and didn't have the authority and opens the door to future bans at the stroke of a pen so it needs to be stopped by the courts. It looks like a setup.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/illinois-man-sues-trump-feds-over-bump-stock-ban/article_836350f4-c766-55bf-bfb5-088b88f9771e.html

Just a question, or thought, please dont flame. This has been in the back of my mind for quite sometime on this. What if, big if, Trump believes the bump stock ban will fail in courts. Could the SC ruling against this set up to block executive order changes to voted on acts or definitions. In other words, could this be a ploy to protect something like free speech or other right? I'm just trying g to wrap my head around why Trump would do this in relation to the big picture.

If this is a hijack of thread, sorry

Timber

Just a question, or thought, please dont flame. This has been in the back of my mind for quite sometime on this. What if, big if, Trump believes the bump stock ban will fail in courts. Could the SC ruling against this set up to block executive order changes to voted on acts or definitions. In other words, could this be a ploy to protect something like free speech or other right? I'm just trying g to wrap my head around why Trump would do this in relation to the big picture.

If this is a hijack of thread, sorry

Timber

Just say'en..

I am a Trump supporter.. Sometimes it is hard to support him with his outrageous tweets, speeches, etc.. However, I believe he is 3 steps ahead of the rest of the universe.

Meaning.. He knows exactly what the reaction will be to whatever he says / does well before he says / does anything.

So.. You may be right..

Purple on..

:tinfoilhat:

Purple off..

Personally I think there's about a 1% chance Trump had anything like that in mind when directing the BATFE to "take a look at the bump stock issue"

He said all we really need to know on national television. "Take the guns first" - "Due process second"

Trump is well known for not caring about the rule of law. He has never minded bending the law to suit his end-goals. Throughout his entire career.

Archived