Wilson v. Cook County (Semi-Auto Gun Ban)

Tvandermyde

Maybe this may be covered in some way in the CCW bill? Or not......

They will probably try to trade a ban for CC.

They can try, but it will fail.

And the courts have affirmed that they can regulate a class of weapons, but not ban them.

If that regulation becomes so onerous that it has the effect of a ban, then it will be struck down.

I am so sick of this "assault" WB crap. The entire mindset of the political left sucks and stupid!! You can sell and have a soda drink that is 15.5 ounces, but how frickin dare you try and sell one 16 ounces!! You can have a rifle, but don't you dare have one that has a telescoping stock!! Handgun (personal protection device), it can have 9 shots, but 10, or 11 - what are you a terrorist? Where the Frick is the "common" sense on the left??? Love the Country - Hate the current Government!

• 5 weeks later...

The Illinois supreme court kicked the case back to the circuit court because the case was improperly dismissed pursuant to section 2-615 of the code of civil procedure. Fancy lawyer talk for the circuit court didn't follow the rules, so the supreme court never addressed the substantive 2a issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

So what's a realistic timeline for action at the circuit court? Does the case have to have a new hearing? Are any dates set?

After the circuit rules, it would then go back to the ILSC? And from there up to SCOTUS?

I guess the reason I'm so interested is due to all the AWB talk. Is this the AWB case that will go to the SCOTUS or will it be another AWB that's being opposed and what's the general timeline for one if the AWB cases making it to SCOTUS.

Or is the current legal focus on CCW and not really going after the AWB stuff?

If any answers would compromise our side, Then just say so and I don't need to know. I'll just keep lighting votive candles and contacting elected officials as always. :-)

TOOD!!!!! MOLLY!!!!! HELP!!!!!! I've been waiting on this too...

LOL, I'm not sure what kind of help we can be. In a lot of these cases the wheels of justice do turn very slowly. . . we are spoiled by how quickly the decisions came in McDonald, Ezell, and Moore/Shepard.

If I had gone back to school when Wilson started, I could be a Judge by now!!!! :flowers:

• 3 months later...

The Illinois supreme court kicked the case back to the circuit court because the case was improperly dismissed pursuant to section 2-615 of the code of civil procedure. Fancy lawyer talk for the circuit court didn't follow the rules, so the supreme court never addressed the substantive 2a issues.

Just wanted to give a quick update about these wheels of justice that are moving so slow for this case.

The discovery process continues. Plaintiffs and their attorneys are soon meeting with the Cook County attorneys who will interview the Plaintiffs at a Deposition. These are not be public. Each side is also in the process of recruiting Experts to give testimony for the trail, which is expected to take place later this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Why wouldnt the Il supreme court just rule on the thing, seems to me like they want to avoid ruling on it

Supreme Court only decides the issue presented to it. In this case, the issue before the Supreme Court was, "Was the case improperly dismissed?"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Archived