Photo

Ryan Will Not Let Congress Touch Reciprocity

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 johnsxdm

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

Ryan and the house are just one small part. Even if the house passed it, it would just move up the chain to the black hole called the senate. As of right now, there are over 200 bills that this house has passed this year sitting, waiting for Mitch to move on along with about 200 people waiting for senate confirmation. Even no brainer bills like "Kates Law" are just sitting there.

#62 soylentgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

With friends like the Republicans, who needs enemies? These guys owe their positions in no small part to the NRA and pro-gun constituents and it's time they start acting like it.

I will not vote for Rauner again. Period. And I will not vote for Roskam again if he doesn't start speaking out against the leadership in the House. These people need to be punished.

We want reciprocity and we want the hearing protection act.  Even though I personally have no use for a silencer, I'd like the option to buy one with minimal hassles. And, I respect the right of of people who do have a desire to have one to get one without all the red tape.

The mid-terms will be upon us before you know it. Next year will be nothing but campaigning and nothing will get done. Of course, no Republicans in contested seats will want to have a "pro-gun" vote on their recent record that the Democrat can twist into wanting dead children...so they won't touch it after the end of this year.

So, please, someone tell me...what motivates me to vote for these traitors? We sent them there to repeal Obamacare and expand gun rights. When will they deliver?

#63 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

So, please, someone tell me...what motivates me to vote for these traitors?

Their Democratic opponents?
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#64 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

So, please, someone tell me...what motivates me to vote for these traitors?

Their Democratic opponents?

Sorry. Not good enough. Not anymore. I'm not going to be taken for granted. You want my vote? Make good on your promises you've already made to me that allowed you to get into the position you have.

First, Republicans said "Give us the House and we will repeal Obamacare". Then when we gave them the House, they said "Give us the Senate and we will repeal Obamacare". Then when we gave them the Senate, they said "Give us the White House and we will repeal Obamacare". Well, here we are. We have a small window. It's possible they will lose control of the Senate in the mid-terms. Then what? It's over. You can kiss any possibility of any hearing protection act goodbye for at least a generation...probably forever. These guys need to have a fire lit under their rear ends. This is URGENT. Stop screwing around.

I'm 45 years old. If Democrats start winning, I could be dead before the next time Republicans own the legislature and the executive. This could be the last chance...REGARDLESS of how I vote in 2018. No more compromise. I want action on the issues I care about. Don't Republicans care about these issues? They claimed to care when they asked for my vote. It's time to deliver. I'm tired of waiting. I will not be a lemming. I will not follow the pied piper.

If they don't want to deliver, they're FIRED! I don't even care if Democrats ban "assault weapons". I have mine. I'm not going to turn it in. MOLON LABE!

#65 Ranger

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

soylentgreen:  I think a LOT of people share your position.  Frustrating.  Pro Gun Advocates have had some good opportunities now to reverse years of bad policies and are squandering them.  They're disenfranchising their base and the anti gun people will take over.  I am SO frustrated with Rauner and some others that have actually done damage to the Republican party's chances which hurts the 2nd amendment full recognition chances, put us in a worse position and increased the probability of anti gun legislators taking office.

#66 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

We gave them everything they asked for. They campaigned on repealing Obamacare for seven years. They've campaigned on gun rights forever. It worked! Now we want action.

Rauner is a turncoat. He's liability. He signed the laws to make IL a sanctuary state and to allow tax money to be used for abortions. And, he was impotent to stop the income tax increase. AND he hasn't been able to do a thing to fix the unbalanced budget and state debt. How would a Democrat have been worse...? I can't imagine.

#67 vito

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

I guess I can imagine how a Democrat would have been worse. But at this point I don't think I will even vote if it is Rauner vs Pritzker or any other Democrat. My only hope is that someone, anyone, will challenge Rauner in the primary process and actually give me a meaningful alternative to the typical Illinois Republican RINO. 

Retired U.S. Army

NRA Life Member

Fully retired!

Proud member of the Deplorables

Refined Hydrocarbon Recycler 

#68 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

I guess I can imagine how a Democrat would have been worse. But at this point I don't think I will even vote if it is Rauner vs Pritzker or any other Democrat. My only hope is that someone, anyone, will challenge Rauner in the primary process and actually give me a meaningful alternative to the typical Illinois Republican RINO. 

Completely agree. I will not vote for a man who forces me to pay for abortions. End of story. I will not vote for Pritzker either. A primary challenge would be ideal. And I think Rauner would be very vulnerable. The base is very dissatisfied. 

Edited by soylentgreen, 06 October 2017 - 11:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users