muzzleloader

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Antietam

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Hello all,

Excuse my ignorance on this topic. I am interested in purchasing a Kentucky long rifle but have found out that many places won't ship it to FFL dealer in IL. For instance, a cabelas near by can't have the rifle delivered to them, and the website suggest I pick it up at cabelas in IN. Pretty damn inconvenient for me.

What's the solution here? Any FFL dealers that will accept a muzzleloader shipped to them? Do I gotta call them and ask? Is it an issue with FOID? Why is it so hard to just get a muzzleloader of all guns shipped to Illinois? What's a solution? Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

#2 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,773 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:16 AM

Illinois considers it a firearm requiring FFL transfer and FOID check, while the Feds do not. Not sure why Cabelas could not ship to IL store.

edit: this old thread says ordering from company with no retail stores in IL works...dunno

http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=58707

Edited by InterestedBystander, 09 August 2019 - 11:19 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#3 borgranta

• Members
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

Would it be considered abuse of the NICS system for an FFL to use the form 4473 and/or a NICS check for muzzleloader?

The following referral code will grant provide a new User of Uber a free ride up to $15
donaldd4557ui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users