Champion Safe alters receipt from NRA Convention purchase

Paints-n-cows

I see no fraud, just a misunderstanding.

The company representative contacted the OP before attempting delivery to verify the details order.

When the OP complained to the owner, the owner offered to refund the deposit.

The OP is not being forced to accept the safe.

The OP loses no money; the company loses a sale.

Life goes on. There are other safes. There are other customers.

I see no fraud, just a misunderstanding.

The company representative contacted the OP before attempting delivery to verify the details order.

When the OP complained to the owner, the owner offered to refund the deposit.

The OP is not being forced to accept the safe.

The OP loses no money; the company loses a sale.

Life goes on. There are other safes. There are other customers.

Actually, it would have been delivered and then the change of price would have been stated.

I, however and just on a "feeling" wanted to insure that the safe I was being delivered was the one I ordered and that they wouldn't try to screw me out of more money once I got a 1000 lb safe in the house.

A smart business man would have honored the agreement. He then would have called the customer and said this: "I made a mistake when I wrote the ticket up on your safe. We really don't offer free shipping on the lower cost safes. But I will honor it because that's what I said it would be. Thanks for your business and enjoy your new safe!"

Then paints-and-cows would have told all his gun looney friends that he got a new safe. He'd tell them that Champion wasn't the cheapest or maybe even the best, but they have a good product for fair money, but mostly they are a stand up company that's good to do business with.

If he was a smart business man.

A smart business man would have honored the agreement. He then would have called the customer and said this: "I made a mistake when I wrote the ticket up on your safe. We really don't offer free shipping on the lower cost safes. But I will honor it because that's what I said it would be. Thanks for your business and enjoy your new safe!"

Then paints-and-cows would have told all his gun looney friends that he got a new safe. He'd tell them that Champion wasn't the cheapest or maybe even the best, but they have a good product for fair money, but mostly they are a stand up company that's good to do business with.

From the conversations that I've had with him, he is just too arrogant to be a "good businessman"

From the conversations that I've had with him, he is just too arrogant to be a "good businessman"

The NRA should cut ties with him since he clearly commits felonies in the course of business.

By falsifying credit card receipts this merchant is likely violating contract terms that enable him to accept credit cards such but not limited to Visa and Mastercard. You can file a complaint to Visa at 1-800-VISA-911. Alternatively, you can call the number on the back of your card.

If you would prefer to send a written complaint, you can address it to:

Visa U.S.A. Inc.

P.O. Box 194607

San Francisco, CA 94119-4607

You can file a complaint with Mastercard by calling 1-800-MASTERCARD, or you can call the number on the back of your card.[/size]

Alternatively you can file a complaint with their website here[/size]

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/ask-mastercard-webform.html[/size]

It's a purchase order, not a credit card report.

The OP described it as a receipt in the title and description and I naturally provided means to complain since the credit card companies frown on companies committing felonies to acquire more money then what was originally agreed upon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived