Citizen with concealed carry permit shot at suspect who shot at Cicero officer: police

GSDlady

CBS Chicago reported that the licensee fired three shots hitting the suspect once.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/09/14/cicero-good-samaritan-i-didnt-think-twice/amp/

He fired three shots hitting a suspect who had just shot a Cicero police officer.

Maybe they were wrong. I'm really interested to know.

The gun control activists who masquerade as unbiased reporters will continue to chip away at any real event that runs contrary to their narrative, but hopefully for every propaganda hit piece, there will be some journalist who just publishes the unvarnished truth.

“As a general rule a person with a concealed carry permit (or any person) can use a weapon to defend themselves from great bodily harm or someone else,” said Richard Schak, a retired Chicago police sergeant. He’s the head of the criminal justice program at National Louis University.

According to the Illinois compiled statute:

“A person is justified in the use of force against another when he reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or another against such other’s imminent use of unlawful force.”

“In this case I think that citizen is totally justified,” said Schak. “And I think he further should be commended because he came to the aid of a police officer who was injured. And in this climate people might be hesitant to do that.”

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/09/14/cicero-good-samaritan-i-didnt-think-twice/amp/

Over the years SCC has been a strong supporter of CC, unlike the politicians and many clouted leaders of the CPD.

Leftist mayors and governors are always going to put left-leaning officers in charge of the agencies, but they're always going to have difficulty with the rank-and-file officers. The average law enforcement officer completely rejects political correctness and identity politics when it comes to criminals. Even Superintendent Eddie Johnson said it didn't matter what color a person skin as - if they were committing crimes, they needed to be put in jail.

Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson repeated his plea to state lawmakers to pass stricter sentencing laws for repeat gun offenders. Similar efforts to do this have been derailed in the past with heavy opposition from African-American lawmakers in the House who had opposed stricter prison sentences because they wanted to reverse the trend of mass incarceration. Last week, Johnson told us he hopes those lawmakers change their minds.

“If African-Americans are shooting and killing, they should go to jail for it,” Johnson said. “If any black leader thinks its OK to see these African-Americans being shot and killed, then they shouldn’t be a leader.”

But then you have people like Toni Prekwinkle and Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx who talk about unjust laws, "overincarcerated communities" and the like. The rank and file police don't buy into any of that, and its why I say that patronage politicians don't think police are a good bang for the patronage buck. The average police officer wants to see more money spent on law enforcement (no surprise there), but they also want more money spent on prisons and when they finally catch a violent dirtbag, that they had to chase through gangways, alleys, over fences and through parks... they want that shithead put away and they don't want to see him out on the streets 120 days later and that puts them at odds with the Chicago Democratic party...

The cops know how bad it has gotten, how dangerous it is and the majority of them support concealed carry.

I wonder how many police bother to get. a CCL.

If they’re involved in a shooting and the department takes their firearm, I think the slag is that they’ve been “strpped” I’m not sure if this means they’ve temporarily been stripped of their police powers - so they’re no longer able to carry as a LEO ?

Unless they are suspended without pay or a similar policy for likely wrongdoing, they still have full police powers and get a replacement gun. When my guys were involved in shootings, I handed them my own pistol as a sign of good faith and support that they had done right, I had their back, and gave them a well functioning/ sighted in piece. I'd use a backup gun until they had their temporary pistol/ rifle secured and sighted in.

Well... GOOD ON YA'!!

Archived