HB4019 CONCEAL CARRY-WAIVER-MARKSMAN Filed 1/6/20

InterestedBystander

Did not see this one posted

HB4019 CONCEAL CARRY-WAIVER-MARKSMAN filed 1/6/20

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4019&GAID=15&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=122712&SessionID=108&G

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that notwithstanding any other provision of the Act, the fee for a new license or non-resident license shall be waived if the applicant is an honorably discharged member of the Armed Forces of the United States who has been awarded a marksmanship badge.

I am tired of carve outs. Obviously the fees (tax) we pay to exercise a constitutional right is excessive, as observed by the sweeping of over $28 million dollars from the ISP FSB funds. The fees for a new or renewal license should be drastically reduced for EVERYONE.

I have nothing but the upmost respect for the military. I'm the father of a USMC veteran who served in Afghanistan. With that being said, I still disagree with these carve outs and I can't support this legislation.

I am tired of carve outs. Obviously the fees (tax) we pay to exercise a constitutional right is excessive, as observed by the sweeping of over $28 million dollars from the ISP FSB funds. The fees for a new or renewal license should be drastically reduced for EVERYONE.

I have nothing but the upmost respect for the military. I'm the father of a USMC veteran who served in Afghanistan. With that being said, I still disagree with these carve outs and I can't support this legislation.

:thumbsup: I'm with you 100%

As I recall, everybody that went to the range got a Marksman badge, you had to actually hit the target a few times to get a Sharpshooter badge and it wasn't too hard to get an Expert badge. Of course this was way back when and with an M1. But I agree with those against it, no special give aways. You already get 8 hours credit for serving in the military. (Which after I wrote it, realized that it is a give away).

It says new license, does that cover recerts???? It says awarded a marksmanship badge? Doesn't all military qualify with a weapon?? I know I am old school but, really?????

As I was informed by my cousin, an instructor at Great Lakes.

Boot instructors at Great Lakes would select one recruit, and put the rest of the class into a bunker with a bullet proof glass between them and the selectee. The selected boot would be allowed to shoot 1 (one) round from an M9 (beretta 92) at a berm while the rest of the class watched. That was 'firearms training' for the navy. Then they would all march off to learn how to do some airman, seaman, fireman stuff.

That was it. 98+% of Navy personnel never touched a firearm during their service. Recruits in the Coast Guard got more firearms training and practice during their terms.

It says new license, does that cover recerts???? It says awarded a marksmanship badge? Doesn't all military qualify with a weapon?? I know I am old school but, really?????

As I was informed by my cousin, an instructor at Great Lakes.

Boot instructors at Great Lakes would select one recruit, and put the rest of the class into a bunker with a bullet proof glass between them and the selectee. The selected boot would be allowed to shoot 1 (one) round from an M9 (beretta 92) at a berm while the rest of the class watched. That was 'firearms training' for the navy. Then they would all march off to learn how to do some airman, seaman, fireman stuff.

That was it. 98+% of Navy personnel never touched a firearm during their service. Recruits in the Coast Guard got more firearms training and practice during their terms.

When I took basic training (1960 Army) we qualified with the M1, the M1 carbine, 1911 .45, hand grenades & bayonet. We got to shoot a .30 cal machine gun and the best of all the M2 .50 cal machine gun, the most fun I ever had in the Army. Then the M14 in 1962 in Germany after the 'Wall' went up.

+1.

+1.

+2

+1.

+2

Here, THIS is a bill Im sure everyone would be on board with. Imagine the antis trying to explain their stance against itEhEZ7sD.jpg

Interesting, does Smollett qualify? Or is it only when the assailant is caught and convicted?

Women only (as they are not as strong as their male attackers in most cases) ;)

And I didnt think that far ahead, its just an example of a bill that would be a heck of an interesting time to watch the antis try and sink it. And their saying (#NEVERAGAIN) goes into play here as well

Well, seems that anyone that has ever been a victim of a documented crime involving domestic battery or sexual assault qualifies for waived CCL fee under my bill!

Archived