Chicago Firearms Permit.....how many issued?

Beezil

I wanted to keep track of the number of permits issued and the rate at which they are being applied for.

Just trying to get a little idea here....

I also realize some may be reluctant to state thier number......For those of you reading this who are unfamiliar with the numbering convention of the CFP, currently, they are issued in assending numerical order, beginning with "AA" As I understand it, the first several numbers issued starting with AA00001 were used for testing purposes, and I think we can generally assume, that there may have been permits issued internally at the onset.

At any rate, I received my CFP in early august, many weeks after the ordinance took effect, and my permit is numbered only a few past "AA00100"

How many permits do you think have been issued so far?

I wanted to keep track of the number of permits issued and the rate at which they are being applied for.

Just trying to get a little idea here....

I also realize some may be reluctant to state thier number......For those of you reading this who are unfamiliar with the numbering convention of the CFP, currently, they are issued in assending numerical order, beginning with "AA" As I understand it, the first several numbers issued starting with AA00001 were used for testing purposes, and I think we can generally assume, that there may have been permits issued internally at the onset.

At any rate, I received my CFP in early august, many weeks after the ordinance took effect, and my permit is numbered only a few past "AA00100"

How many permits do you think have been issued so far?

Ours are similar. I'm guess less than 500.

NPR story this morning:

http://www.wbez.org/story/5-months-after-gun-ban-eliminated

They say about 1200 issued. It was a pretty unremarkable story (there was a lot more they could have said) - but at least they drew a little attention to the fact that otherwise-law-abiding Chicago residents are frustrated by the CFP and choosing not to comply.

2,367 as of 30Nov10 according to the post made at 12/10/2010 04:39:00 PM, if it is to be believed My link

btw....

"can anyone from gun regs tell us how many folks have applied for a cfp?can anyone from gun regs tell us how many folks have applied for a cfp?"

that was me.

looks like we have an informed answer from the inside......

All of which does not bode well for any hope to get any change for the better here in Chicago and the rest of Cook County.

Now that there is a legal avenue for resident gun owners to return to law abiding status, choosing to ignore the ordinance tells the politicians that there are NO legal gun owners in Chicago to worry about, no why bother? 1500 votes isn't enough to lose sleep over. Not at a City, County or State level. Chicago rule continues as before, and with total gun hating Rahm in the wings? Expect it to get worse, locally and down in Springpatch.

All of which does not bode well for any hope to get any change for the better here in Chicago and the rest of Cook County.

Now that there is a legal avenue for resident gun owners to return to law abiding status, choosing to ignore the ordinance tells the politicians that there are NO legal gun owners in Chicago to worry about, no why bother? 1500 votes isn't enough to lose sleep over. Not at a City, County or State level. Chicago rule continues as before, and with total gun hating Rahm in the wings? Expect it to get worse, locally and down in Springpatch.

Most people are just ignoring the new law waiting for it to get thrown out, just like they did with the old law. And everyone knows it.

Saw that we got a full page report in the Trib this morning. It seems to me to be relativley unbiased reporting too. I am happy I did not respond to the call for Chicagoans to interview last week. I would not want my full name & pic in the paper to let the gang bangers know which house to break into.

We have two rules, 1. we don't allow the outside of our house to be photographed and 2. we don't allow photographs of us holding guns (we've been asked!).

We were interviewed for the piece and photographed, but ultimately weren't in the story, which is fine by me. I'd rather see new people in the stories so that it doesn't appear to be the same small group, which can be discounted as crackpots.

Archived