Illinois General Assembly 1/3/2013

mauserme

Im delivering/working down here IN springfield and across 2 diff guys who looked to me like faithful NRA members and told them about the slips and they had no idea what they were so i informed them of how to get it done...

I can't stand it when only half truths are given. Its always the bad NRA vs the legislature.

The laws sought to hurt virtually every gun owner in Illinois and make them into criminals overnight.

I want to see that printed, not loss of jobs for gun manufacturers as the only setback.

Why weren't the range aspects in any of these pieces? Nothing in the bill had anything to do with "Assault Weapons"

Laws that group a .22 pocket pistol and an AR15 together and label them assault weapons is INCONCEIVABLE !!!

I can't stand it when only half truths are given. Its always the bad NRA vs the legislature.

The laws sought to hurt virtually every gun owner in Illinois and make them into criminals overnight.

I want to see that printed, not loss of jobs for gun manufacturers as the only setback.

Why weren't the range aspects in any of these pieces? Nothing in the bill had anything to do with "Assault Weapons"

Laws that group a .22 pocket pistol and an AR15 together and label them assault weapons is INCONCEIVABLE !!!

Not to mention these laws are unworkable and unconstitutional yet there is absolutely no media coverage on that... They totally misrepresented this crap and they need to hear it!!!

... I'm blasting the information everywhere I have access and a reputation

Oh my gosh, are you that AdamRos19? :P

Smart a** haha. I brought some old connections from the gear head world into the mix glad to help. I don't have much clout in the gun world but workign on that. Better to avoid pissing off people and getting called a troll

... I'm blasting the information everywhere I have access and a reputation

Oh my gosh, are you that AdamRos19? :P

Smart a** haha. I brought some old connections from the gear head world into the mix glad to help. I don't have much clout in the gun world but workign on that. Better to avoid pissing off people and getting called a troll

Welcome to the forrum! Glad you got got thick skin and were able to see that for the joke that it was LOL

There on page 6 at 3:33 pm

How many pages are on the today's agenda?

Also how many days does the Senate have open sessions between today and the next State congress?

The calendar is 12 pages today but not all of the entries relate to floor action. There's a copy at the bottom of Post #1 that you can download.

The Senate was scheduled for tomorrow but that seems to be a very tentative date at best now. They also have 1/8/2013 scheduled in case its needed. The 97th General Assembly ends after that.

The Senate stands in recess to the call of the chair, but will return for further floor action later.

Ahh dammit I was in the ER all day today, missed all of the action. Thank you Todd for all your hard work but I realize this isn't dead by a long shot. If these two bills are truly dead in the lame duck session, I'm just hoping that the new Senators and Reps being sworn in next week are pro-2A replacing pro-2A...or vote with their constituents' best interest (heck I'll take voting in their own best interest as in if they vote for something like this, they lose their jobs).

Quote from the comment section in the Pantagraph:

"How do you 'balance' Second Amendment rights with essentially confiscation and prohibition??? Perhaps we should address that approach to abortion 'rights' which are't in the Constitution in any form including 'right to privacy'"

This guy gets it :)

"Gee Mr. Kotowski, that would really deter a person from going on a shooting spree."

Archived