Jasper County Shame

tkroenlein

What happened to that case where it was ruled you don't need a FOID to keep a firearm in your residence? Was it limited to a very small jurisdiction of Illinois?

It was limited to one single woman in the entire state. Not sure how they managed to justify that..

So much for Equal Protection under the Law.

Did I miss something? Did the Illinois Supreme Court issue a ruling on this FOID case and I missed it ?

It was limited to one single woman in the entire state. Not sure how they managed to justify that.

Did I miss something? Did the Illinois Supreme Court issue a ruling on this FOID case and I missed it ?

I don't think you've missed anything, Papa...

September 19, 2019

Illinois Supreme Court to decide challenge to state's FOID card law

snips from link:

Sigale said while his challenge was specific to Brown’s case, it could impact others.

“I’m acknowledging as the circuit court did that a ruling in this case affirming the circuit court affects other people,” Sigale said.

The state asked for the lower court's ruling to be reversed.

It’s unclear when the Supreme Court will make a decision in the case.

When your FOID is "revoked," the ISP requests all FFLs that transferred firearms to you to provide them with copies of your 4473s, which includes manufacturer, model, and serial numbers of the firearms. If that list is empty, I suppose they might not do anything. Meanwhile if it's not, they match that list to the list of dispositions they require you to provide to make sure you accounted for them all.

Who is to say those were not sold or transferred to someone else? I thought at the federal level they are not allowed to have lists like that?

When you sell or otherwise transfer your firearms to anyone else, you're supposed to keep records of it for 10 years. If you don't, they'll charge you with that.

How do they know what guns you have / had to begin with? How would they know if you sold or transferred one if they don't know what you own(ed) to being with?

Private sales they do not. FFLs call in FTIP. There is a dealer code associated so they can track back. Request all FTIPs for a given FOID, contact the FFL from FTIP for a 4473 associated with it.

And there is a member here who had that very thing happen... CPD/Cook Co/ISP gun team at door with list of his purchases

Sigma, I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived