If you are a Trump supporter....

vito

Apparently, I just don't get it.

If the official Republican position is that abortions should be illegal... why is it so absurd to suggest that if a woman got an illegal abortion that she should be punished? Why should it only be the doctor performing the illegal abortion that should be punished?

Glock23, I don't get it either. The question to Trump was a setup with no correct answer. If abortions were illegal and a woman got one, that would be a crime, and for every crime there is a punishment. If Trump would have said no punishment, the media would be all over him for being soft on crime. But the media has to put their spin on it and make it like what he said was not correct.

This whole media attack against Trump is nothing but a witch hunt. With all the dirt that could be front and center against the Clintons all you hear is crickets from the media. As far as I'm concerned, the more the establishment pushes against him, the more I'm inclined to think he might be the right person to shake things up in DC.

Well my point is, that this discussion has nothing to do with 2A and I don't find it hypocritical to be pro choice and pro 2A.

You happen to be on a PRO 2A website so....umm...I guess it does have a little to do with it. Why don't you just admit your ok with killing defenseless unborn children but you own guns to defend yourself. That would almost be the definition of hypocrisy. See what I'm getting at here?

Since when does being pro gun mean you also have to be pro life? They aren't the same thing? Unless we're using guns to abort fetuses. I think I'm against that, but would that make me anti 2nd Amendment?

I'm confused.

Vito... That's a bit outrageous.

Taxpayers do not fund abortions at Planned Parenthood. Apparently you are unaware of the countless horrible deaths of women so desperate to not have a child that they went the coathanger in the back alley method.

I don't think any of what Vito wrote is outrageous at all. Just tell us what type of society we have become when someone has to die so that someone else can continue their selfish life? If a baby was born and you killed it, it would be murder but because it hasn't seen the light of day and gets killed it"s all ok?Apparently you haven't seen or heard of the videos of the ghouls at PP bartering dead fetus body parts. Hitler killed 6 million in genocide and we crushed him for it. I wonder how many millions of abortions have been performed and now it's a political debate topic? WOW

We would be the same sort of society humans have always been... As Family Planning of this sort has been around since the beginning of man.

And that's your argument? Because we've always done things this way?

Wow.

Apparently, I just don't get it.

If the official Republican position is that abortions should be illegal... why is it so absurd to suggest that if a woman got an illegal abortion that she should be punished? Why should it only be the doctor performing the illegal abortion that should be punished?

Glock23, I don't get it either. The question to Trump was a setup with no correct answer. If abortions were illegal and a woman got one, that would be a crime, and for every crime there is a punishment. If Trump would have said no punishment, the media would be all over him for being soft on crime. But the media has to put their spin on it and make it like what he said was not correct.

This whole media attack against Trump is nothing but a witch hunt. With all the dirt that could be front and center against the Clintons all you hear is crickets from the media. As far as I'm concerned, the more the establishment pushes against him, the more I'm inclined to think he might be the right person to shake things up in DC.

IF abortion is illegal, the procedure would be illegal, so the person performing the procedure would be the guilty person. That's the argument of the right to life folks. It's how you want to define what you want to make illegal. The left is selling the "war on women" narrative, so their definition attempts to chain Republicans into the offensive position of jailing poor, defenseless women (that are trying to kill their poor defenseless unborn babies).

The trap of the question is: Why does the press only ask these questions of Republican candidates? Where are the tough questions about late term abortions given to ( D )'s on a regular basis? Every ( R ) candidate has to know this will be brought up in some fashion.

Well my point is, that this discussion has nothing to do with 2A and I don't find it hypocritical to be pro choice and pro 2A.

You happen to be on a PRO 2A website so....umm...I guess it does have a little to do with it. Why don't you just admit your ok with killing defenseless unborn children but you own guns to defend yourself. That would almost be the definition of hypocrisy. See what I'm getting at here?

Since when does being pro gun mean you also have to be pro life? They aren't the same thing? Unless we're using guns to abort fetuses. I think I'm against that, but would that make me anti 2nd Amendment?

I'm confused.

You don't have to be Pro life. You just need to see the hypocrisy in someone who is ok with killing defenseless unborn children but owns a gun to protect himself. It's not rocket science.

I made the comment about Trump's ridiculous statement about punishing women.

Yes, it is a perfectly reasonable assumption that anyone taking part in an illegal act would be punished.

What I was pointing out was his lack of forethought. Politician or not, any person at this stage in a presidential race should have some very keenly honed, canned responses when confronted with any hot button issue.

A prime example is Ted Cruz's response to the situation. He clearly articulated as an ardent pro-lifer that the concern with abortion was the well being of the mother. So, whether you agree or not, he has presented a much more empathetic, and therefore palatable, position on the subject.

You have to think about what Trump might say at a summit on nuclear proliferation if confronted with a question for which he was not well prepared.

Sometimes, it's just better to shut up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived