Colorado to possibly ban magazines today

Xwing

Where did the 11 second magazine change come from? Is this a study I'm unaware of? It might take me 11 seconds if I left the new mag in the blister pack, or possibly locked in my safe where I had to whip out the combination. Why 11 seconds?

It came from someone's butt.

What will magpul do if they pass this? They would have to relocate I would think.

From Facebook

We would like to thank everyone for the support they have given us here in fight for Colorado. We are truly humbled by some of things said about Magpul on the Senate floor yesterday.

The fight against HB 1224 continues and will not be over until the until official vote count on Monday and the bill is actually signed into law by the Governor.

As we have previously stated, HB 1224, if signed into law will require us to move operations out of Colorado. This is a process that will take some organization/negotiation with potential new location(s).

Work on relocation of production assets has already started and as we move through various scenarios, we will be unable to comment on possible new locations or details of the move until decisions have been finalized.

Once again thanks for all the support and keep up the fight.

So 1228 passed, what about 1229???

1229 already passed. But HB 1224 is the one they've been talking about for 3 hours.

They are all bad. But I still think 1224 is the worst of the worst. It bans quite a bit. It means once we get CCW here and get reciprocity to CO, we won't be able to actually carry most handguns there. We would have to go out and buy a "colorado special" with a tiny magazine...

So 1228 passed, what about 1229???

1229 already passed. But HB 1224 is the one they've been talking about for 3 hours.

They are all bad. But I still think 1224 is the worst of the worst. It bans quite a bit. It means once we get CCW here and get reciprocity to CO, we won't be able to actually carry most handguns there. We would have to go out and buy a "colorado special" with a tiny magazine...

My brother lives in Colorado Springs, I carry a Glock 22 and CO honors my SD "permit" so I guess Id be OK there but we go up in the mountains and camp and shoot EBR's...

I understand magazines would be grandfathered and there is no "Assault Weapons" ban???

This would suck if it passes...

My brother lives in Colorado Springs, I carry a Glock 22 and CO honors my SD "permit" so I guess Id be OK there but we go up in the mountains and camp and shoot EBR's...

I understand magazines would be grandfathered and there is no "Assault Weapons" ban???

Ones already in the State of CO are Grandfathered. If your carry piece comes from Illinois, so would the "evil" magazine... So if you had a Glock 19 for instance, it will be illegal.

Ones already in the State of CO are Grandfathered. If your carry piece comes from Illinois, so would the "evil" magazine... So if you had a Glock 19 for instance, it will be illegal.

Im not seeing that in the bill, where does it say this law applies to anyone from another state???

Archived