Another victim of the dealer licensing act

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Skolnick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

Until 2012, the Illinois Tollway actually had the following on their Web site...

Slight correction, it was taken down in 2013 after the Associated Press ran an article that mentioned the "well-intentioned, but shortsighted" promise.

You can see part of that AP article at: https://www.csmonito...-Ill.-companies

That being said, you can see the "well-intentioned, but shortsighted" promise in the last five paragraphs at the bottom of: http://cisco.org/wp-...arings-2011.pdf

Edited by Skolnick, 04 July 2019 - 05:47 PM.

#62 DD123

Freedom Lover

• Members
  • 9,096 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:39 PM

My local West Chicago FFL guy that worked out of his family room is closing up shop.

I received that notice yesterday too. Hate to see him go.

The FFL I had been using for years closed up shop about a year ago, and I just completed 2 transfers through the same guy you both were using.  Time to find yet another FFL smh.  

It's too bad.....it's hard to find an FFL that I trust.  Most of the guns I buy now are in the 2K + range.  

Force and intimidation are the tools of tyrants.  - Ron Paul

If Democrats quit shooting people, "gun violence" would go down by 80%.......

Taxation is theft

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

#63 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:59 AM

My local West Chicago FFL guy that worked out of his family room is closing up shop.

The FFL I had been using for years closed up shop about a year ago, and I just completed 2 transfers through the same guy you both were using.  Time to find yet another FFL smh.  

It's too bad.....it's hard to find an FFL that I trust.  Most of the guns I buy now are in the 2K + range.
Personally, I'm not going to bother looking in Illinois. Typing from Tennessee right now on my way to the Carolinas to house/ neighborhood shop. Did the fireworks in Knoxville last night. What a change. Huge crowd of people, all of which were terribly polite. They fall over themselves to apologize if they bump one another. My kind of people here who care for and respect each other. I haven't seen or felt this freedom since I was a child.

#64 Raw Power

• 1,372 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

There is NEVER ENOUGH of your money for them to spend.

So very true! Who remember the Toll Free in â73 lie? An archived summary of the half-century Illinois Tollway scam is archived here, as the original story mysteriously does not load

https://web.archive....rchive/8327185/

Edit: Sometimes the original link works for me, sometimes it does not. Here it is:
https://abc7chicago....rchive/8327185/

Tolls were supposed to pay for schools. That didn't go so well.

#65 Flynn

• Members
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:27 PM

Tolls were supposed to pay for schools. That didn't go so well.

So was the lottery, but once those revenue streams kicked in they cut and diverted other schoold funding revenue streams so schools gained nothing at the end of the day but the cronies piggy banks grew.

But, in true Illinois fashion people swallow it up and keep voting for the same people over and over again and fall for the same tricks over and over.

Anonymous leakers, leak anonymously about the anonymous leak.

—Anonymous

#66 modeler1945

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:40 AM

Check out Gunguyonline.com. Hes in Naperville. $25 transfer fees last I checked. I've done about half a dozen transactions with him, both transfers and purchases through him. Great guy to deal with, and prices that beat LGS. I work with him all through email, rather than his website. 

Did you ever see a match-grade round traveling three thousand feet per second go through a window?

...No one does. 

#67 InterestedBystander

• 6,598 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:16 PM

Check out Gunguyonline.com. Hes in Naperville. $25 transfer fees last I checked. I've done about half a dozen transactions with him, both transfers and purchases through him. Great guy to deal with, and prices that beat LGS. I work with him all through email, rather than his website.

$29.99 per website. https://www.gunguyon...ex.php?cPath=83

Edited by InterestedBystander, 08 July 2019 - 02:20 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users