B-27 Target

boog

About the B-27 target, I seem to recall someone on this forum posting a link to some extremely inexpensive B-27 targets online. I wanna say they were like 49 cents or something? Maybe I'm wrong but if someone does know, I'd appreciate the link.

You can get a 10 pack at Walmart for $10, no shipping no wait...

About the B-27 target, I seem to recall someone on this forum posting a link to some extremely inexpensive B-27 targets online. I wanna say they were like 49 cents or something? Maybe I'm wrong but if someone does know, I'd appreciate the link.

You can get a 10 pack at Walmart for $10, no shipping no wait...

But then I have to go to Walmart.

I can get them a the range for a buck a target too, but if I can order them online for substantially less then shipping doesn't matter. I can order 100 for $50 and like $8 shipping and still come out ahead.

I can get them a the range for a buck a target too, but if I can order them online for substantially less then shipping doesn't matter. I can order 100 for $50 and like $8 shipping and still come out ahead.

If you have a use for bulk numbers, yeah getting them online is a better option... I would never in a lifetime use 100 of these billboard targets...

The range I go to requires a minimum size target, so the B-27 works in this instance. I like to switch out my targets every so often so I can see where i'm hitting instead of shooting through the same hole(s). It's good for those of us who aren't always crack shots.

This is what I get from the range now... 19" x 24"

http://gametargets.com/strongman.jpg

I went to the range yesterday to zero my daughter's Model 63. The target I used? A few restaurant receipts and a Sharpie marker.

There are cheap targets and expensive targets... But that is not what this thread is about.

Having read the requirements, I doubt I would miss a B-27 even once, but I am going to go to the range and run through the actual qualification. I bought my targets from National Target Company:

http://www.nationaltarget.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=NT&Category_Code=PP

When I applied for my Florida permit, I took the NRA first steps course. Will this count for any hours off the Illinois classroom requirement? Anyone?

Should count for 4 hours; you will still need 12. You will probably have to take the full 16 since I am not sure how many instructors will be offering 4 hr classes...

Since I first started reading the bills Brandon Phelps was putting forward, the shooting part was the one thing I always thought was easy (not "too easy", mind you; I'm not saying it should be changed).

As it is now, you have to hit 21 out of 30 shots at a maximum of 10 yards. I really think if you can't make the required shots in this bill, I'm not sure you SHOULD be carrying a handgun anyway!

And just to chime in with my 2¢, these are the targets I like to use. Cardboard, not paper: http://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=IPSC-CB

That, and the I set up soda bottles with colored water (usually 24oz Pepsi bottles) at about 10 yards or so. Mostly it's just fun for my kid with his little .22 to get the reactions from the targets.

While I wish I was as good of a shot as most of you guys on here, shooting at 35 yards and things, we are talking about qualifying for concealed carry. Any further than ten yards and you should have other options than shooting, for instance running or getting out of the situation. Now believe me I think the target is huge, buy that's at least life sized.

Archived