Photo

ISRA Alert - ISRA/SAF file federal lawsuit demanding State Police stop FOID card delay (Bradley v. Kelly)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Craigcr2

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:19 AM

Does anyone know how long ISP has to file a response?

#32 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:00 AM

The “police power” is a constitutional law term that predates the modern concept of a police departments or officers. Here’s the definition from a legal dictionary “ Police power describes the basic right of governments to make laws and regulations for the benefit of their communities.”

https://legal-dictio...om/Police Power

I facepalmed when reading the IL AG's filing in one of the cases, that defined the police power as being the Illinois State Police.
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#33 deerhuntre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 10:26 AM

If it can help this case or anywhere else with the efforts:  A friend of mine is on day 134 'under review' for a new, first time, FOID application.  Should I have him contact anyone with this info?

Endowment Life Member NRA

Life Member ISRA

Life Member GOA

#34 RichieRich

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 12:29 PM

If it can help this case or anywhere else with the efforts:  A friend of mine is on day 134 'under review' for a new, first time, FOID application.  Should I have him contact anyone with this info?

In my opinion it would be a waste of time unless you have a high powered attorney. I've been "under board review" since March for my CCL. I've attempted to call and got nowhere. You can call but the chances of getting in contact with someone is slim to none. Hopefully with the new appointments, things get rolling. 

#35 illinois_buckeye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:44 PM

What you can try, which is what I did, they open at 8:30 AM.  Call at about 8:27.  By the time you wait through the menus, it should be 8:30.  With any luck you will be one of the first in the call queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ultra magnus