CZ 75 series Pistols---talk to me

BCC

So, very interested in the CZ 75 series ( 75D PCR ) to be exact. Like the hammer fired DA/SA format as well as full metal slide among other features. Would appreciate some feedback --good or bad-- although can't find too many negatives so far. CZ sure appears to be a very quality Pistol -- just looking for some additional feedback other than the usual YouTube yes men !!

I've never shot one, only held one, and both the CZ-75 Compact and the CZ-83 were amazingly comfortable guns to hold. I found that the 75 Compact was better balanced in the hand than the full sized 75.

There are no negatives other than the poor factory sights that come with it. I have a CZ75b matte stainless and a P-01, and they are both fantastic firearms. If you are set on a PCR, don't overlook the Tristar C-100. The Tristar is a CZ clone and has excellent reviews. I do own one, and it has become one of my favorites and rates right up there with CZ IMO.

CZ 75 Compact and P-01.

Love them both. Prefer the DA/SA on the Compact to the P-01 decocker.

I EDC them interchangeably.

May send one to Cajun Gun Works for their Pro Package because I've never done anything like that before. Neither really needs any improvement. What everyone else said... Reliable, solid, easy to shoot.

CZ makes good guns in general. Their competition pistols are really good. The only CZ I own is an over/under that everyone seems to complement when I bring it out to shoot clays. I'm thinking of bringing it to the gunsmith since he knows CZ's like the back of his hand. Get a nice trigger job, and adjusting a few things on it that I don't like.

I don't think you can go wrong buying any CZ to be honest. All of the ones I've shot have been pretty good.

Just shot the full size 75 SP-01 Tactical and was very nice. WAY to big for carry, but very nice trigger. Looked at the P-01 compact and OMG wwhat a feel in the hand with rubberized grips--honestly never felt a better fit pistol !!! Very impressive for sure....

Shop did not have the PCR compact--can anyone comment on the difference between that and a P-01 compact ??

Drink the CZ Kool-aid, you won't regret it. I've had my 75 P01 for 3 years and still love it. As stated the ergonomics and feel are great, accurate and very good quality. I've only had one FTE and that was during the break in period and it was a reload. Eats everything, 115gr, 124gr and 147gr. FMJ or HP it doesn't matter. One of the best firearms on the market for the price if you can find one. In fact I'm saving for a 97 with a decocker for my next purchase.

Just shot the full size 75 SP-01 Tactical and was very nice. WAY to big for carry, but very nice trigger. Looked at the P-01 compact and OMG wwhat a feel in the hand with rubberized grips--honestly never felt a better fit pistol !!! Very impressive for sure....

Shop did not have the PCR compact--can anyone comment on the difference between that and a P-01 compact ??

Only real differences are the different profile rear sights and lack of rail on the PCR. It can be confusing that both model slides might be marked as CZ 75 D Compact as some P-01s specifically have P-01 marked on the slide. It's just that the P-01 name is used in the USA while elsewhere, it is marketed as CZ 75 D Compact (with rail).

Some shooters might get "trigger bite" with the black recurve trigger that show up on most models. This can usually be addressed by swapping out for one of the other available trigger types.

Only real differences are the different profile rear sights and lack of rail on the PCR. It can be confusing that both model slides might be marked as CZ 75 D Compact as some P-01s specifically have P-01 marked on the slide. It's just that the P-01 name is used in the USA while elsewhere, it is marketed as CZ 75 D Compact (with rail).

Some shooters might get "trigger bite" with the black recurve trigger that show up on most models. This can usually be addressed by swapping out for one of the other available trigger types.

Thanks for that....what little I know so far can be a bit confusing. So frame size is the same on both models with the PCR being a tad lighter ??

Go to reviews on CZ P-07 . That's the polymer. Space out the letters a few different ways and try Googling it several times so you get all the reviews. You will never want another 9mm hand gun. Nor should you, IMHO

They are the best feeling in the hand, and the best shooting in every way, of all my handguns. I suspect, as others have said here, that the other CZ models are world class as well.

Are you going to be at the GAT manufacturer shoot / open house on March 18/19 next year? I will have a good selection of current products on the table (I'm hoping to add a P-10c soon after they are released).

The steel frame 75B compact is a great pistol (if you want a manual safety). The aluminum frame (no rail) PCR has a decocker only. The normal version of the aluminum frame (with rail) P-01 is decocker only, but it is also offered in a version using the simplified Omega trigger system (convertible between decocker and manual safety). The P-07 is a polymer framed compact (Omega trigger convertible).

Archived