63 replies to this topic

#61 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

Tactical gas pumping. Nice. 

I look both ways before crossing a one-way street

That's how little faith I have left in humanity.

Lol I do the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#62 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

Tactical gas pumping. Nice. 

I look both ways before crossing a one-way street

That's how little faith I have left in humanity.

Lol I do the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'd be lying if I said I didn't too.

#63 Blackbeard

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

Good news, maybe?

He shot the robber to "stop the offender from running him over with the car" sounds like a California orange - color added. I hope he sticks to that story, because shooting someone running off with your property is not self-defense, rather something that includes meals and limited mobility. Leaving your car running, unattended, is close to suborning a felony.

Um, no.  Not close to suborning anything.  Not even the same zip code, friend.

Blackbeard is not an attorney.  All comments posted are the views of Blackbeard alone and do not necessarily represent those of Illinois Carry™ or of any sane person.  For the love of God, please ignore any advice he has given.

#64 howie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

Use of deadly force to prevent a property crime is not a good idea, unless you want to spend several years in the pen.  Whether you agree with the concept or not, that's how the courts are ruling.  Andrew Branca's book "The Law of Self-Defense" is a good read.  The ISRA published an article a few years back, written by a former DuPage Co. SA (I think), talking about the same thing.  He referenced Tennessee vs. Garner.  Three questions to answer....1.  Is my life in immediate danger?  2.  Is someone else's life in immediate danger?  3.  Do I have any other options available? 

NRA Patron Member
ISRA Member
NRA Basic Pistol/Rifle/PPITH Instructor
ISP Approved CCW Instructor

www.boondocktactical.com

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

"I am not well versed in history, but I will submit to your recollection, whether liberty has been destroyed most often by the licentiousness of the people, or by the tyranny of rulers. I imagine, sir, you will find the balance on the side of tyranny."- Patrick Henry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users