Wisconsin or Indiana

DinDin

and don't mind having to learn a second language

As long as I live in the U.S. I will NOT learn a second language. If I walk into a business and they don't speak English I turn around and walk out.

You don't have to be fluent enough to actually "speak" the language but it helps if you have enough of an understanding to know when they are either insulting you or trying to cheat you. It's like knowing enough about auto mechanics to understand what they mean by "top dead center" or a "throwout bearing".

and don't mind having to learn a second language

As long as I live in the U.S. I will NOT learn a second language. If I walk into a business and they don't speak English I turn around and walk out.

You don't have to be fluent enough to actually "speak" the language but it helps if you have enough of an understanding to know when they are either insulting you or trying to cheat you. It's like knowing enough about auto mechanics to understand what they mean by "top dead center" or a "throwout bearing".

$ I know about them throw out bearings. Thems the ones what are bad and you have to throw them out.$ :yes:

I like Southern Indiana, Tennessee, or North Carolina for a number of reasons. I asked my wife if she wanted to move yesterday. She said no. I guess that is probably good from my future pension perspective; but was ready to really consider it.

There are a lot of other countries where you can get by just fine just knowing English and live pretty comfortably on modest means; but there are usually some tradeoffs.

Just wish we had better governance here in the USA and especially in Illinois. This could be a great state.

Archived