California will vote whether to split into 3 states

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

https://www.yahoo.co...topstories.html

This is pretty much dead in the water.   Those who would have voted for this had already moved to another state. :)

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#2 DomG

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

As if having Feinstein and Harris in the US Senate wasn't bad enough- they would have 4 counterparts.  No thanks.

But it wouldn't happen anyway. Congress would never approve, which would be necessary for it to happen.  If I'm correct, the only time an established STATE split up was Virginia/West Virginia, during the Civil War. But that was under very different circumstances.

"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges." - Tacitus"
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." -Tacitus

NRA Life Member
ISRA
USCCA
IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member
USAF Retired (So I guess that makes me a Life Member)

#3 cybermgk

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

F 3 Californias. 

SUCESSION, that's the ticket for Cali.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#4 Hatchet

• 2,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

Give California to North Korea as a peace gift for de-nuking.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#5 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,908 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:48 PM

I think the hope is that by splitting off the most populous liberal portion you would have 1 liberal state and 2 Conservative leaning states.

If that were to happen (I have a better chance of winning the lotto) instead of 2 flaming liberal senators you would have 2 flaming liberals and 4 conservatives ones.

My $00,02 anyway.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#6 Hatchet

• 2,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

I remember seeing a map of how they were going to split it. They were doing it chicago style so they would get 3 liberal states out of the 1. Gerrymandering the lines.

ETA:

Under the proposal, each state would have about 12.3 million to 13.9 million people.

California- This would include six counties: Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey and San Benito counties.

Southern California- This would include 12 counties: San Diego, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, Mono, Madera, Inyo, Tulare, Fresno, Kings, Kern and Imperial counties.

Northern California- This would include 40 counties including the San Francisco Bay Area and the remaining counties north of Sacramento.

Edited by Hatchet, 13 June 2018 - 02:57 PM.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#7 SiliconSorcerer

• 2,219 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

Looking at the map I suspect that's three democrat states, they just want 4 more democrat senators. 

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#8 chicagoresident

• 1,175 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

As if having Feinstein and Harris in the US Senate wasn't bad enough- they would have 4 counterparts.  No thanks.

But it wouldn't happen anyway. Congress would never approve, which would be necessary for it to happen.  If I'm correct, the only time an established STATE split up was Virginia/West Virginia, during the Civil War. But that was under very different circumstances.

Your assuming California is all Dem's. Have you ever met a California Republican? They are as fringe as the left.

For example Patrick Little
IMG_3436-696x1238.png
Yes, that's an Isreali flag...

It's just like in Illinois, you get outside of the major cities and everyone's hardcore Republican. But since the left is extreme in Cali their right ranges from anti government militia types to neonazi types.

Edited by chicagoresident, 13 June 2018 - 06:17 PM.

#9 gangrel

• 3,009 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

But it wouldn't happen anyway. Congress would never approve, which would be necessary for it to happen.  If I'm correct, the only time an established STATE split up was Virginia/West Virginia, during the Civil War. But that was under very different circumstances.Your assuming California is all Dem's. Have you ever met a California Republican? They are as fringe as the left.
For example Patrick Little
Yes, that's an Isreali flag...
It's just like in Illinois, you get outside of the major cities and everyone's hardcore Republican. But since the left is extreme in Cali their right ranges from anti government militia types to neonazi types.

Arnie and Ronald Reagan were/are Cali Republicans.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NRA Life Member

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

NRA Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety
ISP Approved Firearm Concealed Carry Instructor

Utah CCW Instructor

#10 quackersmacker

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

All of the areas would have to approve this.  The libtards are not going to give the conservatives any chance at having any power when they can dominate them statewide across the board.  You can fugggedddddabbbouddddit with this one!

Life Member --- NRA
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Member        --- ISRA
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Aurora Sportsmen's Club
Member        --- Tri County Gun Club

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#11 Teufel Hunden

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Can the rest of us vote California it off the Union, Survivor style? While we're at it, we could include Cook County...

#12 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

We all know how Chicago dominates IL politics.   This will create 3 LWW states.

North California will be dominated by the LWW's in San Francisco.      This will be at best light blue state, but will likely be solid blue.

South California will be dominated by the LWW's in San Diego.       This will be at best light blue state, but will likely be solid blue.

The remainder of California will go from LWW to "whoa, drop that crack pipe down" LWW.   Blue turning into dark blue to pretty much black.  No light here.  

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#13 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:29 AM

I think the hope is that by splitting off the most populous liberal portion you would have 1 liberal state and 2 Conservative leaning states.

If that were to happen (I have a better chance of winning the lotto) instead of 2 flaming liberal senators you would have 2 flaming liberals and 4 conservatives ones.

My $00,02 anyway.

Not a chance.

There'd be two guaranteed democrat states from that plan, and the third certainly leaning democrat. That's almost a dream gerrymander.

No democrat in authority will ever let a state like California or Illinois just split, with the result being a new republican state. The reason for this proposed 3-way split is to add another democrat state, to try to gerrymander the senate and the electoral college.

Edited by Gamma, 14 June 2018 - 12:30 AM.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#14 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:22 AM

Just gives "California" four more senators.

#15 Nanook

• Members
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

Give California to North Korea as a peace gift for de-nuking.

Moonbeam Brown is more of a communist than anybody in North Korea. Kim Jung Un would decline to accept. 

#16 steveTA1983

• 1,247 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Leave it alone. It’s a scam to make the conservatives there think they can win. That whole state is F’ed. Don’t need three of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users