• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

full story at link...

http://www.dailyhera...ffle-in-kildeer

Seventeen gun control and political groups are protesting the 2nd Amendment Dinner and Gun Raffle fundraiser hosted by the Lake County Republicans in Kildeer Friday night.

At least a dozen firearms will be raffled off at the $75-per-person event, according to promotional materials, including at least two safes filled with guns.

Moms Demand Action is also going to attend the protest along with Lake County Democrats, Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Coalition for a Better IL 6th, among others

http://illinoiscarry...54#entry1110061

Bruce Rauner has donated $16,000 to the Lake County Republican group hosting this gun giveaway

Republicans moving ahead with gun giveaway fundraiser 2 weeks after Las Vegas massacre
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#2 mikew

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

Lake County Board Chairman Aaron Lawlor, a Republican, said Thursday evening he would not attend, sponsor or contribute toward the 2nd Amendment Dinner. Instead, he'll meet with members of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America to speak about sensible gun law reform.

#3 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

I'm very glad they're still hosting this raffle. We underestimate the power of mockery, the power of ignoring what the other side thinks and unapologetically pushing forward with our plans as usual. We cannot allow them to silence us, and we should ALWAYS tell them, via our words and our actions, to **** off.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#4 snooter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:19 AM

Bring in some midget strippers and there heads will prolly splode...id guess even if only free american beer was on tap somehow they would deem that insensitive...free beer and stripper midgets is for sure goin rile em up..

#5 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:22 AM

So why not find out the name of the head crybaby at this protest, and walk up to him/her/whatever and loudly say

"Oh, there you are!!! We couldn't mail your gun raffle tickets to you in time, so here they are!!!"

Then hand the chief protester an envelope. Have a TV crew right there to record it.

#6 mikew

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

So why not find out the name of the head crybaby at this protest, and walk up to him/her/whatever and loudly say

"Oh, there you are!!! We couldn't mail your gun raffle tickets to you in time, so here they are!!!"

Then hand the chief protester an envelope. Have a TV crew right there to record it.

That would be disingenuous.

Better yet, thank them, on camera, for helping to spread the word about the dinner.
"Last minute ticket sales have exceeded all expectations."

#7 spec4

• Members
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:40 AM

This Lawlor guy is an example of how it is difficult to tell the difference from a Republican or Democrat pol in Illinois.

#8 mic6010

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

This Lawlor guy is an example of how it is difficult to tell the difference from a Republican or Democrat pol in Illinois.

All you have to do is look at him imo. He screams boys town.

"Living in Chicago, it used to be, 'don't go out at night,' or 'be more careful at night'. Now it's turned into a place where it doesn't matter if it's day or night."  - John Hendricks.

#9 mikew

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Does that relate to gun ownership or singing KumBaYa with the anti's?

ETA:

Looking a little further reveals that he's openly gay, and I don't think there's a plank against that in the ILGOP platform.

There is, however, support for the second amendment in the ILGOP.

And he has to get along (or does he?) with the Lake Co GOP establishment,
else he should rethink his "orientation" WRT the RKBA and join the Dems.

#10 soylentgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Lake County Board Chairman Aaron Lawlor, a Republican, said Thursday evening he would not attend, sponsor or contribute toward the 2nd Amendment Dinner. Instead, he'll meet with members of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America to speak about sensible gun law reform.

That's sad. I wonder how these gun-banners get in such high places in the Republican Party. And, let's be clear, "sensible gun law reform" means nothing less than a ban on guns. Because I have yet to see anyone advance anything that would have stopped the Vegas shooter other than a complete elimination of guns in the hands of private citizens (as if that was even possible). They're liars.

#11 mic6010

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

Does that relate to gun ownership or singing KumBaYa with the anti's?

ETA:

Looking a little further reveals that he's openly gay, and I don't think there's a plank against that in the ILGOP platform.

There is, however, support for the second amendment in the ILGOP.

And he has to get along (or does he?) with the Lake Co GOP establishment,
else he should rethink his "orientation" WRT the RKBA and join the Dems.

Whenever one of these halfway GOP idiots legitimizes the anti gun platform they are doing all of us a disservice. If you are a GOP member you have to be pro gun. End of story imo.

You don't have to like guns to our level here on a gun forum, but you darn sure can't be out in the streets marching with the antis talking about they have a point.

He goes from supporting a second amendment dinner to marching with anti gunners talking about they have a point about banning semi autos ? So was he faking it all along ?

Why can't a political organization raffle off guns regardless of some mass shooting that happens ? What's so bad about semi auto guns or any guns in general ? Why do we allow these anti gun idiots to even make that a valid point ? 

And the question about him is what else is he gonna flip flop on next ? Who is he really ? I don't trust anyone that's all mixed up like that. And yes you can call me a troglodyte...but you can kinda just see it coming with certain people. I bet if there was a fiscally conservative GOP / everything else straight DNC party line he would be the first one to join it. People like him are the people that need to be booted out of this party because they where never part of it to begin with. Let the Democrats be the party of kumbya and hand holding that excepts everyone. We need to close ranks and purge the idiots that go against our parties core values. This guy is clearly one of those people.

Edited by mic6010, 13 October 2017 - 02:17 PM.

"Living in Chicago, it used to be, 'don't go out at night,' or 'be more careful at night'. Now it's turned into a place where it doesn't matter if it's day or night."  - John Hendricks.

#12 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,359 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

He's an infiltrator, trying to destroy from within.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#13 NakPPI

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

About 50 protestors, they fizzled when it got dark and cold. Police did a great job keeping them in line.00f5f177e2eea08f277b89622710b8ab.jpgec6c564be70aca668fd6c4cb08f4f458.jpg7780b6542b28e5e861b929c5356190cc.jpgfbb63d8117e4482a5e607dc6f9420060.jpg Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

#14 kk5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

The news cameras will make it look like hundreds though lol

Surrender, Like HE Double Hockey Sticks

#15 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

I just saw that loser Lee Goodman on. WGN news. His voice was cracky and he seemed upset by his own impotence to do anything about the raffle.

Have all boated who fish?

#16 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

I just saw that loser Lee Goodman on. WGN news. His voice was cracky and he seemed upset by his own impotence to do anything about the raffle.

You've successfully summed up the entire gun control movement in one paragraph.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#17 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,359 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

He's a true believer, and one that has been investing his personal fortune as well as too much of himself and his self esteem in the fight.

Eventually he will crack and it ain't gonna be pretty.

As his group gets more and more relegated to the lunatic fringe (where they justly deserve to be) he will get more and more strident. Which will help to discredit them even more.

Not having counter-demonstrators to Lee and just plain ignoring him just rubs salt in the wound.

Eventually even the TV crews will stop coming.

IF we ignore him - our presence would draw the TV types right back...

Edited by markthesignguy, 14 October 2017 - 02:00 AM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#18 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

http://wgntv.com/201...red-gun-raffle/

#19 mikew

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

http://www.chicagotr...874511-132.html

another video.

No need to gag yourself, just watch

#20 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

another video.

At 1:37 Lee Goodman says, "We're tired of being distinguished by our foolishness."

I can only imagine.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#21 Mick G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

another video.

Raffle off a pie?

This isn't Revenge of the Nerds.

#22 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

Well, I guess the Bloomberg check is in the mail. We won't have to hear that weasel for a while, until the money runs out.

#23 Ashdump

• 4,676 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

Was his crowd paid? They all seemed bored or uninterested. The older guy in the back with the shirt and tie looked like he was wanting to get out of there so he could go get a cheeseburger or something.

#24 Mick G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

Was his crowd paid? They all seemed bored or uninterested. The older guy in the back with the shirt and tie looked like he was wanting to get out of there so he could go get a cheeseburger or something.

I'm thinking he wanted a pie and should have been wearing a sweater. It is cold and flu season.

Is it me or does Lee Goodman look like and almost sound like Les Nessman from WKRP?

My age is showing.

Best quote: I don't know what weapons people would take issue with, again if people are opposed to gun ownership they are going to be opposed to a single shot muzzle loader so we are giving away a muzzle loader by the way. - Mark Shaw

#25 kk5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

I'm thinking he wanted a pie and should have been wearing a sweater. It is cold and flu season.

Is it me or does Lee Goodman look like and almost sound like Les Nessman from WKRP?

My age is showing.

Best quote: I don't know what weapons people would take issue with, again if people are opposed to gun ownership they are going to be opposed to a single shot muzzle loader so we are giving away a muzzle loader by the way. - Mark Shaw

You are right he does look like Les Nessman laughed the whole time.

Called it, they tried to make the crowd look bigger.

Surrender, Like HE Double Hockey Sticks

#26 NakPPI

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:07 PM

This event was a huge success, probably even more so due to the free advertising provided by Lee and the Moms. Basically guarantees that it will happen again next year. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Stung by the result of McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), the City quickly enacted an ordinance that was too clever by half. Recognizing that a complete gun ban would no longer survive Supreme Court review, the City required all gun owners to obtain training that included one hour of live‐range instruction, and then banned all live ranges within City limits. This was not so much a nod to the importance of live‐range training as it was a thumbing of the municipal nose at the Supreme Court.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users