Online listings.

top_notch

I used to peruse Armslist. But now with that sight wanting to charge me to look at listings mostly filled with ammo scalpers, I don't go there often. I know this site has a for sale section. But not finding what I want, curious if there are other sites that you might know of. I've tried highroad and firingline too. I know of a couple on social media, but I'm sure there's more that I'm not aware of. Anyone care to enlighten me? Looking for ftf transactions in IL.

I have bought several things off Gunbroker over the years and even one firearm that was local and done face to face, no complaints.

I used to also browse GunsAmerica.com, they used to have a ton of offerings but over the years the offerings have become more limited, never bought anything but I used to use their FFL list to find local FFLs when I was price shopping on multiple firearm transfers.

And last but not least it's rare and a long shot but try exploiting the one advantage to FOID, try a search for FOID in that big classified site or that big social media marketplace, I have seen some gems slip through over the years if you bring a decoder ring to the party.

I can view armslist for free...I thought you only pay if you want to make contact, but I have found many sellers put their contact information in the listing which circumvents the need to pay.

I am sure location makes the selection a bit easier for some, but I have been successful in finding what I want locally doing that.

GB and GA are all great sites to shop at but if you're looking for someone local, you should give them a call 1st before you purchase. Typically, most of my inventory is $10-$20 cheaper if you buy it from my website. I save you the $$$ I would have to pay GB or GA in most cases. If you're just looking for someone to do a transfer, different story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived