Illinois General Assembly 5/31/2019

mauserme

Well, 3 common denominators for last 3 mass shooting are male, democrat, and firearm. No offense intended to anyone
Male Democrat? Not last 3. Closer to the last 30+ with maybe a righty or two thrown in there but overwhelming majority are leftys/left-leaning and medicated.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I’m relieved we had an effect on the Senate, obviously the vote weren’t there. How does not allowing a vote on it effect the bill going forward compared to voting It down?

They can file the same or similar language in another bill, the difference being they can now claim a small victory having moved this bill as far as they did. Their followers will be told to take encouragement from that. There will be little geriatric fist bumps all around.

Meanwhile, we'll correctly celebrate preventing this from becoming law because it doesn't matter at what point in the process the bill was stopped. It was stopped and, if/when it reappears, it will be in a different form perhaps influenced by successes on our side.

From our point of view we will look like we're relaxing as things quiet for the Summer. It will be a watchful relaxation - a lot like when we're not so relaxed but with less obvious activity.

Judicial activity will continue unaffected by the legislature, as will town halls and such.

So to clarify for me, no concurrence means the bill needs to start over i.e. committee, readings, both chambers, etc with a potential supermajority vote if done in fall session or effective date not changed?

No part of existing bill status as of today e.g. votes remain from either chamber? The bill remains alive but dormant until reprocessed?

The bill will remain viable through the end of the 101st General Assembly and could be placed back on the concurrence calendar. Realistically, though, if they didn't have the votes for this language now, they probably won't get the votes. It's more likely in my opinion that we'll see something a little different filed, either as a new bill or as an amendment to an existing bill. My guess at this moment is that it will be a new bill filed for next Spring.

Archived