NRA pistol instructor courses?

vezpa

Tom Yackley in Oswego is a great instructor, but you can get a listing of NRA courses here: http://www.nrainstru...archcourse.aspx

Tom's info is: Tom Yackley, NRA Master Training Counselor, 435 Rance Road, Oswego, IL 60543, 630-392-3966, snowelf@att.net.

If you have any trouble contacting Tom, his right hand man/partner is Dave Phistry, davephistry@yahoo.com, 630-217-3003.

I did my BIT and Instructor Pistol Shooting Course with Tom and his team. They do a great job. It is a 2 day course since you must do BIT (Basic Instructor Training) and then the discipline specific portion. It was actually a lot of fun. There are several exams you need to pass as well as a range qualification. You do not have to redo BIT if you wish to add other disciplines, e.g., Instructor Rifle Shooting Course.

I have seen a few classes posted to receive your NRA pistol instructor certification over the last year or so but nothing recently. I believe it was a full 2 day class.

Anyone doing these in Illinois or Indiana or southern Wisconsin?

Any info would be most appreciated.

Check with Debs in Hammond...their web page isn't really current, but give 'em a buzz.....20 minutes from home....

Does anyone come down to the southern part of the state for the instructor classes? Carbondale area

Heartland training team from Marion had an instructor class earlier this month. You may want to check their training calender next year they may have it again. The training calender is on their website www.heartlandtrainingteam.sharepoint.com I've taken some of their other classes and liked them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a few classes posted to receive your NRA pistol instructor certification over the last year or so but nothing recently. I believe it was a full 2 day class.

Anyone doing these in Illinois or Indiana or southern Wisconsin?

Any info would be most appreciated.

Check with Debs in Hammond...their web page isn't really current, but give 'em a buzz.....20 minutes from home....

I checked wih Debs when I went to use the range this week. $800 for the course is what they charge and that is astronomical.

Does anyone come down to the southern part of the state for the instructor classes? Carbondale area

Heartland training team from Marion had an instructor class earlier this month. You may want to check their training calender next year they may have it again. The training calender is on their website www.heartlandtrainingteam.sharepoint.com I've taken some of their other classes and liked them.

Ditto. Larry and Mike are great guys. I have taken 5 classes with them so far, two of them being instructor classes.

Ditto. Larry and Mike are great guys. I have taken 5 classes with them so far, two of them being instructor classes.

I'll add another thumbs up for Larry and Mike of Heartland Training... Great guys and excellent instructors.

Archived