CCL self-defense shooting

Chicago_Shooter09

Street thugs aren't known to have the newest and most reliable firearms in the best of condition. They don't go to the range to see if their firearms even work.

And they certainly don't practice their shooting skills.

While this seems to be true for the bulk of street thugs, I wouldn't count on it. There are those, especially in organized gangs, that keep their firearms in good condition and train with them to some degree.

Street thugs aren't known to have the newest and most reliable firearms in the best of condition. They don't go to the range to see if their firearms even work.

While this seems to be true for the bulk of street thugs, I wouldn't count on it. There are those, especially in organized gangs, that keep their firearms in good condition and train with them to some degree.

Most of the firearms I’ve come across on the job aren’t necessarily well-maintained but they are still in good enough working order. And a lot of the street thugs shoot a lot more than you would think. We get a lot of shots fired incidents that come from backyards. There have been a few times that I’ve been patrolling and will hear loud reports and call them in myself and yet not a single citizen calls them in to 911. So these guys can get a bit of backyard practice in without fear of neighbors calling police.

• 3 weeks later...

There is nothing you can say to the Police that can help you!!! Anything you say that can be used against you, will be used against you. Anything you say that could be used to help you is considered "Hearsay", and therefore inadmissible in court! 90% of convictions occur as a result of what the person says at the crime scene, 90%! The crime scene is a time to be quite, and let your Lawyer earn all of that money he's going to get from you. Don't talk to the Police without a lawyer present!

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/mvkgnp/law-professor-police-interrogation-law-constitution-survival

There is nothing you can say to the Police that can help you!!! Anything you say that can be used against you, will be used against you.

90% of convictions occur as a result of what the person says at the crime scene, 90%!

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/mvkgnp/law-professor-police-interrogation-law-constitution-survival

A perfect example of this that happens on our roads every day

is when you get pulled over for speeding by the law

DONT answer the cop when they ask you if you know what the speed limit is

DONT answer the cop when they ask you how fast you think you were going

doing so is a admission of guilt especially if they did not get you on radar/laser

I've written about this before, but its worth repeating. A number of years ago my youngest son was stopped by a nearby community's local police while driving my car. They claimed they found marijuana in the car (charges later dismissed based upon unlawful search). He called me from the scene and asked me to come to get the car, which was one of my cars. When I arrived, I foolishly allowed myself to be drawn into conversation with the arresting officer, who asked me who owned the car my son was driving. I said it was my car, but that my son was the primary driver of that car. After they took my son from the scene, they refused to allow me to take the car, claiming it had to be searched for further evidence. The next day I was told that they were keeping the car since it was involved in the "crime" of drug possession, and that, in their words, since I "admitted" that the car belonged to my son, it was within their rights to seize the vehicle. Ultimately, and long before the charges against my son were dismissed, I was able to get my car back and the court admonished this local police force saying they had no legal grounds to have held the car in the first place. But it took almost five months, several thousand dollars in lawyer costs, two court hearings, and then a small fortune in "fees" to get the car out of the impoundment lot. My lawyer told me that if I had said nothing the night of the arrest, most likely I would have been able to drive home with the car in question, but the fact that I spoke to the police, and said anything, allowed them to "hear" what they wanted to hear and to write in their notes that I said the car was owned by my son. The reality that ownership of the car was easily determined by my showing the police the title to the car, which showed it was mine, meant nothing at that point. Once they had taken the car they did not want to return it.

I learned my lesson for real that night. Not only should you not talk to the police if you are an accused suspect, even as a bystander you can get yourself in a bad situation merely for talking to the officer at the scene. One of my other sons was a police officer at the time, and complained to me that my attitude about not talking to the police would be disastrous for law enforcement if everyone behaved that way. I told that son that what he said might be true, but I am concerned with my rights and my property and that one screw over by these local police was more than enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived