No gun sign

kurt555gs

There are many anti-gun companies that just post as a matter of course. I guess they decided to do all locations, regardless of state. I've been working to compile listings of posted locations in various states. In fact, it'll be my next iPhone and Android app; hopefully coming out in a week or two. It doesn't matter yet in Illinois. But once we have CCW passed, loads of anti businesses will start putting up such signs.

Up here in Cheeseland, we had a number of signs go up after CCW was passed. In the 9 months since, a lot have come down. We had ONE such signs here in my tiny town, at a tavern owned by a retired cop. He took it down a couple months ago. A lot of the signs were distributed by anti-gun groups, but business owners saw the light, apparently.

ckmorley

Up here in Cheeseland, we had a number of signs go up after CCW was passed. In the 9 months since, a lot have come down. We had ONE such signs here in my tiny town, at a tavern owned by a retired cop. He took it down a couple months ago. A lot of the signs were distributed by anti-gun groups, but business owners saw the light, apparently.

ckmorley

This is one reason that I'd like to see a law addressing the idea of 'no-gun' signage. The only no-guns-allowed signs that would be legal would be licensed and issued by the state police, with yearly fees. And only upon proof of the licensee having a blanket insurance policy to cover the medical or unlawfull deaths of every person that could be in that business. $1,000,000.00 per person.

Your business could have 72 persons in it, including employees, then the business has to prove that it has insurance policies in force for $72,000,000.00 before it could have signs. A good yearly fee for each sign would be around $1500.00 for a start, and the signs would have to be posted on both sides of each entrance possible to that business. A nice big sign of perhaps 3 feet by 6 feet on each side of every door or entrance to a business. (think about that on both sides of a store entrance in a mall.....)

Posting 'unlicensed' signs means a fine of $1500 for each entrance to the business and a one month stay in the grey-bar-motel for owner and person posting the sign.

That would get the state some $$$, and mean no confusion with homemade or anti-gun group supplied 'signs' being legal.

That would be fair, don't you think?

ckmorley

This is one reason that I'd like to see a law addressing the idea of 'no-gun' signage. The only no-guns-allowed signs that would be legal would be licensed and issued by the state police, with yearly fees. And only upon proof of the licensee having a blanket insurance policy to cover the medical or unlawfull deaths of every person that could be in that business. $1,000,000.00 per person.

Your business could have 72 persons in it, including employees, then the business has to prove that it has insurance policies in force for $72,000,000.00 before it could have signs. A good yearly fee for each sign would be around $1500.00 for a start, and the signs would have to be posted on both sides of each entrance possible to that business. A nice big sign of perhaps 3 feet by 6 feet on each side of every door or entrance to a business. (think about that on both sides of a store entrance in a mall.....)

Posting 'unlicensed' signs means a fine of $1500 for each entrance to the business and a one month stay in the grey-bar-motel for owner and person posting the sign.

That would get the state some $$$, and mean no confusion with homemade or anti-gun group supplied 'signs' being legal.

This is a simply fantastic idea!

ckmorley

That would never fly, and as a business owner, I disagree witht he philophosy. I feel I have the right to refuse service to anyone I wish. I would much rather see what Garand Fan was talking about and what many states already do. Make posting carry no weight of law. Meaning, If I as a business owner want to post my shop, I can do so. If I catch someone violating my rules, I have the right to refuse service and ask them to leave and no laws were broken. It's a win win, I get to retain my business rights, the gun owner get's to keep his.

I think I understand Uncle Harley's point. I run a small business also. What this does is gives the business owner some argument in case of an accident (read: negligent act) by a gun owner yet doesn't actually provide for much penalty for the responsible CCW holder. As a business owner, I really wouldn't worry about a CCW holder doing something illegal. (And let's face, crooks would see your sign and rob you anyway.) I would be a bit concerned about some yahoo who just got his permit showing off his piece and having an ND. I like the one about keeping it in the holster.

JMHO, YMMV, etc.

Make posting carry no weight of law. Meaning, If I as a business owner want to post my shop, I can do so. If I catch someone violating my rules, I have the right to refuse service and ask them to leave and no laws were broken. It's a win win, I get to retain my business rights, the gun owner get's to keep his.

That's perhaps one of the best descriptions I've seen, regarding how I view this issue of posting "no guns" signs. I agree Harley!

I was in a LabCorp in Southern IL this morning, and they had a "No guns, knives, or any other kind of weapon allowed on premises" sign on the door. it is just ignorant. I had a Smith and Wesson knife in my pocket; it stayed in my pocket through the whole visit.

What a blatant disregard for the private property rights of others. :)

You guys in chicago need to get your cross breed super tuck IWBs now and start experimenting with what position on your waist is comfortable and what position hides it best. If you tuck your shirt it is going to take some trial and error to find the right spot and it takes a lot of practice to be able to rip, access, draw and fire in 2 1/2 seconds. Some people give me crap about carrying everywhere I can under 182 but I'm doing so I can be best prepared for when we can carry everywhere. There are some types of jeans that I can't wear because the belt loops don't match up with where the clips need to be on my iwb and some pants make it ride higher or lower. There's a lot more to it than just slapping it on and walking out the door.

Off the subject, but just curious, Drylock. I love my Supertuck when it's cool and its concealability is amazing, but wonder if it turns into a big, sweaty mess when it's hot and humid? Or do you change your carry method in the summer? Thanks in advance...

I currently use a Camo. Military Pouch made for carrying not tactical stuff. My Glock 26 and two 17 Rd. Mag.s fit in it great. It was a great buy at $12.00 at the Army Surplus Store. When I am in my work clothes nobody even pays any attention to it in Illinois (unloaded). In Wisconsin, I would rather just Open Carry with my Thigh Rig.

Make posting carry no weight of law. Meaning, If I as a business owner want to post my shop, I can do so. If I catch someone violating my rules, I have the right to refuse service and ask them to leave and no laws were broken. It's a win win, I get to retain my business rights, the gun owner get's to keep his.

That's perhaps one of the best descriptions I've seen, regarding how I view this issue of posting "no guns" signs. I agree Harley!

Wisconsin, shootimg of Robber in Aldi (no weapons sign posted) No charges filed against CCW license holder... you cannot outlaw your Right to self defense!

Anyone want to go into business with me making these signs if Illinois actually gets CCW? We can be billionaires overnight from Chicago / Cook sales.!

You won't be able to sell them in Chicago unless you're "connected."

Don't think for a second that some alderman (or his/her family member) in Chicago somewhere isn't making these very signs to sell.

Anyone want to go into business with me making these signs if Illinois actually gets CCW? We can be billionaires overnight from Chicago / Cook sales.!

You won't be able to sell them in Chicago unless you're "connected."

Don't think for a second that some alderman (or his/her family member) in Chicago somewhere isn't making these very signs to sell.

Who said I haven't taken care of that allready?

Archived