Texas Senator John Cornyn Fights Back

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,774 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

Posted 01/10/2019

WASHINGTON –U.S. Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) introduced the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. This legislation will allow individuals with concealed carry privileges in their home state to exercise those rights in any other state with concealed carry laws, while abiding by that state’s laws.

Take that Di-Fi!!!

https://www.cornyn.s...eciprocity-bill

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#2 raymond963

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

So let me guess...

This bill passes out of the Senate (Because they'll all vote for a sure failer!) but fails in the House (Because....Pelosi!)

#3 Flynn

• Members
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

Attach it to whatever budget bill the House passes to make said budget bill more Senate friendly, and kick it back to the House aka compromise and negotiating...

Anonymous leakers, leak anonymously about the anonymous leak.

—Anonymous

#4 Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

I always said I wouldn’t live long enough to see concealed carry in Illinois and was wrong hopefully I’am wrong about national reciprocity.

#5 EdDinIL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

So let me guess...

This bill passes out of the Senate (Because they'll all vote for a sure failer!) but fails in the House (Because....Pelosi!)

Congress had two years of GOP control to try to pass something like this, but they never did.  At least one thing the parties have in common is that they think it's easier to lay blame than take responsibility.

Life Member: NRA, ISRA, SAF

#6 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

This legislation will allow individuals with concealed carry privileges in their home state to exercise those rights

See, this is why I can't stand politicians.  Even though he's an "R", he still believes that carrying a gun is a "privilege", not a right.

#7 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

This legislation will allow individuals with concealed carry privileges in their home state to exercise those rights

See, this is why I can't stand politicians.  Even though he's an "R", he still believes that carrying a gun is a "privilege", not a right.

And you are EXACTLY right!

How can "right" and "privilege" both be assigned to the 2A?

Edited by GWBH, 11 January 2019 - 04:18 PM.

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Phil Compton "ishmo", "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#8 Rangerdeepv

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

Something like this bill passed the house and sat on McConnell's desk......................just saying.

#9 45Badger

• Members
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

Anybody here naive enough to not see that this is virtue-signaling from the right? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9mm = 45ACP set on "stun"
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!

.45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

“The most dangerous risk of all – The risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later”

#10 Teufel Hunden

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

Anybody here naive enough to not see that this is virtue-signaling from the right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, they could have pushed this through in the last session but let it die. He introduced this knowing dang well it could never be introduced, let alone passed in the House.

#11 cope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

slight of hand that fools 99% anyhow........... introduce and let it die last session........ reintroduce this session..... all anyone sees is that it was or is there... and cue that bickering about whether it becomes law... nobody really paid attention to the fact that it was meaningless even if passed.......... sure it gets you a few more states...... like an out of state license gets you... thats it........ still recognizes state sovereignty which is the only thing that matters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users