Photo

Responding to CCL Review Board Request for Statement

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#151 Isiah89

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

One last ? For anybody who might be able to help me. If I am needed to reply to the UBR will I be able to do it online or I have to mail it?

#152 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,458 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:58 AM

One last ? For anybody who might be able to help me. If I am needed to reply to the UBR will I be able to do it online or I have to mail it?

You can do it online but make sure you have all documents and statements ready to upload at one time because you hit the submit button, the portal will close.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#153 Molly B.

• 16,458 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:59 AM

I’m also going to go get my rap sheet today just to be sure. But when I got my rap sheet other times it was 2-3 cases on mine that weren’t me. Same name different spelling and he was born in the 70s I was born in 89. That might be the mix up

If those are still on your record, you need to do a records correction with the ISP bureau of identification and get them off.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#154 Isiah89

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:06 AM

Ok Thanks Molly. You are very helpful

#155 Chicagocivilian

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:19 AM

Isiah make sure you take a look at page 1. Me and molly put all the information you need on here. Remember a LEO can object you from having a CCL off police reports or being in a gang database.When you learn what they are objecting for comeback and let us know but make sure you keep a eye on any letters from the ISP and check the portal every 3 or 4 days. Also when you send your response in i would advise to MAIL AND SEND IT THROUGH THE PORTAL SO YOU CAN MAKE SURE THEY RECEIVED IT.

#156 Isiah89

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

I looked at that ima do exactly that and no I have no gang activity on my records. My records are expunged and cleared out of ISP database and FBI. I sent ISP my expungement papers in sept 2018 that’s why I’m lost as to why I am under review. All I can think I’m OG is maybe CPD making false arrests like they did other people in here who stories I read. I hope the Board over rule it on their own

#157 Hatchet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:07 PM

illinois is famous for not shredding what they are supposed to shred. So very well could be they have some note that they had interactions with you that wouldn't show up in reports.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#158 Isiah89

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:14 PM

I’m going to get my background checked today to be sure. So if I do have to reply to the board I’ll just send them that and a copy of my expungement papers

#159 Isiah89

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

So I got my letter from ISP about the review board. But it’s not the paper I read all of you got. My paper just telling me that I received an objection and that the review board gon need 30 days. And I’ll get another letter if they need another 30. Did any of you get this letter. Because I thought the first letter tells you who objected and what the charges were‍♂️ Did you guys get this letter too? How long until the next letter came?

#160 Molly B.

• 16,458 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:52 PM

The first letter is Just the notice. You will only get the next letter if the board thinks they might have cause to deny.

#161 Isiah89

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

Ohhhh ok thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users