Typo on DL, FOID, and CCL! Help!

D269

So I just noticed my driver's license has a typo in it, (the zip code is off by 1 number), which caused my foid and concealed carry license to follow, making it so my DL, FOID, and CCL to all have the same zip code with 1 off number. Everything I'VE filled out has been correct, and I'm not sure how it was never noticed. I guess the original typo from the dmv just had a domino effect where they copied my DL information, and they never actually caught the typo. My license is valid, and my FOID/CCL is Active.

Should I correct it through the DMV, then do an address edit through the ISP website asap? Or is it ok to wait until it's time to renew to avoid the whole Under review phase again? Am I ok to purchase firearms/ammo and carry until the typo is fixed/licenses are renewed? This sucks. :/

Interesting.

Had a similar incident with my wife when we moved.

DMV fat fingered ZIP so it was off by one number. When she did change of Addy for FOID and CCL she entered correct addy so, as a result it got bounced for not matching. Had to get DL fixed then resubmit COA, all was then good.

FOID and CCL don’t automatically pick up DL addy. My understanding is they take what you submit and compare it to DL addy to make sure they match perfectly otherwise they bounce it. That would seem to indicate your application would have been in error also otherwise they wouldn’t have matched.

Being off by one number could put you in a different locality. Is the zip code for the correct city? What is the zip code and what is the zip code that is wrong? Most cities have more than one zip depending on your address in that city. Small towns only have one zip. Medium towns/cities can have more than one. If the zip is wrong and thus doesn't match the address you could have a problem. I see Tip above said about the same thing.

Archived