What semi auto handgun to buy next.

Gator4838

S\w,sig,glock,ruger,and many more I have.I am a striker fired polymer pistol guy.primarily, only guns I have the option of carrying. mostly sub-compact to compact.not interested in the 1911 platform.for my next purchase,I have been looking hard at heckler&koch,and u.s.a.made kimber.berreta is also a consideration in either 45 acp or 9mm.all three make some really nice guns.obviously,none are cheap,and I'm trying to nail it down to a few to chose from.any thoughts out there.

I have loved the Sig Sauer line of pistols. I carried a P229 in the later part of my Army career. I still have one and it is my carry gun (OWB) and the Glock 43 in my pocket. H.K., Kimber and Beretta all make great weapons too.

I am buying Leggos and a Playstation. Maybe I will get Splat and See targets if I have not been too naughty.

Enjoy your hunt for the next...

I have loved the Sig Sauer line of pistols. I carried a P229 in the later part of my Army career. I still have one and it is my carry gun (OWB) and the Glock 43 in my pocket. H.K., Kimber and Beretta all make great weapons too.

I am buying Leggos and a Playstation. Maybe I will get Splat and See targets if I have not been too naughty.

Enjoy your hunt for the next...

wd,I just cannot praise Sig Sauer enough.I often stare and drool over their line of firearms.their 1911,s are works of art.if a new conceal carry guy on a budget asked me what to buy,I would recommend a 9mm shield.if they had a few bucks,the p365 is the ultimate conceal\carry handgun in my opinion,though I have not handled the hellcat.having said that,the hunt goes on for something different.

Go for something really classic:

FN/Browning High Power

SFS System for hammer down cocked & locked carry

Alloy Frame from the ‘80s

Detective short slide if you can find one

Buffered Recoil Spring Guide Rod

15 + 1 capacity (or 10/13+1 if you prefer)

Super easy to work on

Also comes in .40 (I have two of those)

.22 kits available

I have 9 High Powers ranging from 1943 to 2004

Almost all parts are interchangeable

All parts are easily available

Upgrades and improvements are in the works for the near future

I carry an FN Alloy frame (1981) with an FM Detective slide (1995?)

It is smaller and lighter than my CZ 75 P-01

Trigger pull is a very short and crisp 4.6#s

Absolutely 100% reliable and a joy to shoot

You’ll never look back!

If you are looking for a new pistol, Tisas (Turkey) makes the BR9 in Black Ceracote or stainless steel. I have the SS version. Look for sales at Brownell’s. It is an excellent copy of the High Power. There are a few parts you will want to replace at some point... neither the pistol or parts will cost a fortune. If you look around you will likely find a good deal on a real Belgian made HP. This year I acquired 3 for an average of $600 per... each unique and each a reliable shooter.

Go for something really classic:

FN/Browning High Power

SFS System for hammer down cocked & locked carry

Alloy Frame from the ‘80s

Detective short slide if you can find one

Buffered Recoil Spring Guide Rod

15 + 1 capacity (or 10/13+1 if you prefer)

Super easy to work on

Also comes in .40 (I have two of those)

.22 kits available

I have 9 High Powers ranging from 1943 to 2004

Almost all parts are interchangeable

All parts are easily available

Upgrades and improvements are in the works for the near future

I carry an FN Alloy frame (1981) with an FM Detective slide (1995?)

It is smaller and lighter than my CZ 75 P-01

Trigger pull is a very short and crisp 4.6#s

Absolutely 100% reliable and a joy to shoot

You’ll never look back!

If you are looking for a new pistol, Tisas (Turkey) makes the BR9 in Black Ceracote or stainless steel. I have the SS version. Look for sales at Brownell’s. It is an excellent copy of the High Power. There are a few parts you will want to replace at some point... neither the pistol or parts will cost a fortune. If you look around you will likely find a good deal on a real Belgian made HP. This year I acquired 3 for an average of $600 per... each unique and each a reliable shooter.

ahhh,cz and fn.ceracote finish,yes.oh,I failed to mention price range in the $5-$7 range.

In that budget range? Everybody makes a great polymer pistol IMHO.

Stop by a gun shop with a large inventory and buy one. If you're ever in Plainfield, IL I highly recommend the vast inventory carried by MegaSports. If they don't carry it, you probably wouldn't want it..

Does anyone make an expensive polymer? Other then a five-seven? It's plastic...

"I suspect there will never be a functioning and usable 100 year old plastic frame pistol"

OR owner/shooter - lol

I plan on and fully expect to shoot my 'centenarian' handguns on my 100th birthday in 2056...

-1918 Colt Police Positive Special

-1943 FN High Power

... as long as target shooting is something people are still allowed to do!

How about a Wilson Combat? I've also been looking at a stainless Kimber Raptor.

When I left Federal Service an old buddy of mine asked what I would include in any dream gun I could want or have.

I told him:

Wilson Commander CQB in .45

Heavy melt job

Black Armor Tuff with silver controls

No FCS

Magwell

Wilson nite sights

Stippled pistol grip and 40 lines of checkering wherever possible

And, Airborne etched into the body.

Wilson's can take up to 18 months to build. 2 months later I got a call from my FFL saying he got a package from Berryville, Ark.

Those boys ponied up for a 4k WC for me.

I still like my 229 the best!

How about a Wilson Combat? I've also been looking at a stainless Kimber Raptor.

When I left Federal Service an old buddy of mine asked what I would include in any dream gun I could want or have.

I told him:

Wilson Commander CQB in .45

Heavy melt job

Black Armor Tuff with silver controls

No FCS

Magwell

Wilson nite sights

Stippled pistol grip and 40 lines of checkering wherever possible

And, Airborne etched into the body.

Wilson's can take up to 18 months to build. 2 months later I got a call from my FFL saying he got a package from Berryville, Ark.

Those boys ponied up for a 4k WC for me.

I still like my 229 the best!

Nice friends!

"I suspect there will never be a functioning and usable 100 year old plastic frame pistol"

OR owner/shooter - lol

I plan on and fully expect to shoot my 'centenarian' handguns on my 100th birthday in 2056...

-1918 Colt Police Positive Special

-1943 FN High Power

... as long as target shooting is something people are still allowed to do!

In cartridge I still have a 1875 I shoot occasionally, not collector grade.

Archived