Foid Renewal Wait Time

FOID expired January 1, 2020; Renewed October 9, 2019, still “Under Review”: have submitted Online FOID Inquiry; sent two emails… no response; “Customer Non-Service” phone is useless, unless you just want to hear a recording of … “We are experiencing a larger number of calls, please try later. Goodbye.” Based upon the 1- week each vacations for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s, I guess I have another week until I hit 60 ISP Business Days.

FOID expired January 1, 2020; Renewed October 9, 2019, still “Under Review”: have submitted Online FOID Inquiry; sent two emails… no response; “Customer Non-Service” phone is useless, unless you just want to hear a recording of … “We are experiencing a larger number of calls, please try later. Goodbye.” Based upon the 1- week each vacations for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s, I guess I have another week until I hit 60 ISP Business Days.
Mine expired Jan 1 2020 and renewal done on Oct 3. My wifes was also renewed the same day. Her card was received the week before New Years Day. Mine has been QC verified since end of December. I was told mine still has 2 weeks on the call about Jan 3. Guessing a week per holiday must be the excuse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine expired Jan 1 2020 and renewal done on Oct 3. My wifes was also renewed the same day. Her card was received the week before New Years Day. Mine has been QC verified since end of December. I was told mine still has 2 weeks on the call about Jan 3. Guessing a week per holiday must be the excuse.

Just called again and spoke to a person informing them of mine being QC verified for a month now, and people who renewed theirs on October 16 and received their card. I was informed that it should be approved within a couple of days. He verified that there was not an issue or I would have been notified. Countdown for 2 days starting now.

My mother applied for a FOID card December 15 2019. Went Active today 1/24/2020. Almost 30 business days exactly. Kind of surprised.

New FOID Applications? New applications should be processed in 30 Calendar days. Renewals are 60 Business days.

I knew the processing time was 30 days. Figured it would be much longer......

I think they’re behind. I applied Nov. 29, 2019 and my status did not go active until 01/08:20...didn’t get it in hand until a few days after.

60 business days since I applied for renewal was today and my status is still Under Review.

Part of the problem is that they accept renewal applications 90 calendar days out, but are held to a 60 business day issuance standard.

I applied for renewal the first day I was able to - 11/3/2019. Taking out weekends, one day for Veterans Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, & Martin Luther King Day, and two days for Thanksgiving, I'm currently on business day 59 but calendar day 89. Like you my FOID card shows a 2/1/2020 expiration date so, even though I got in a last minute purchase, I won't be able to take it the range for awhile.

60 business days since I applied for renewal was today and my status is still Under Review.
Mine took 74 business days to go active and was QC verified for a month. It went active the day after my phone call. I had already emailed my state reps and the were giving it 1 week.

Part of the problem is that they accept renewal applications 90 calendar days out, but are held to a 60 business day issuance standard.

I applied for renewal the first day I was able to - 11/3/2019. Taking out weekends, one day for Veterans Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, & Martin Luther King Day, and two days for Thanksgiving, I'm currently on business day 59 but calendar day 89. Like you my FOID card shows a 2/1/2020 expiration date so, even though I got in a last minute purchase, I won't be able to take it the range for awhile.

Just noticed this was a FOID renewal discussion, but my point is still valid.

There is no reason for a FOID or CCL renewal to take this long...

ISP has and is able to process and issue FOID and CCL renewals in fewer than 60 days.

Mine CCL renewal took 21 days from submitted online to new card in hand.

CCL Renewal

Final Update: 21 Days

03-20-19 Expiration Date

11-20-18 Renew Button Available

11-21-18 Renewal Submitted

Prints Submitted With Original Application

12-05-18 "APPROVED">Under Review

12-06-18 "ACTIVE">ACTIVE

12-12-18 Received New Card

I contend they are not held to a 60 business day issuance standard... how could my CCL renewal have taken only 21 days if they were?

There is absolutely no reason for most FOID and CCL renewals to take as long as so many have.

It is either lack of funding for staff or pure political meanness which delays the issuance of so many licenses and license renewals.

I have in the past, been a victim of ridiculous delay... my CCL and FOID were stolen in January of 2017. It took more than 45 days to issue new cards. This was, and is, completely unacceptable.

FINALLY!!! Now, the snail mail wait begins.

FOID Renewed: October 9, 2019

FOID expired: January 1, 2020

FOID Active: February 4, 2020

Calendar Days: 118

Business Days: 77 (Seven Holidays)

I had submitted the Online FOID Inquiry; sent two emails (requested mail receipt/read notification)… no response.

Hundreds of attempts on the “Customer Non-Service” phone (217-782-7980), which is basically useless, unless you just want to hear a recording of … “We are experiencing a larger number of calls, please try later. Goodbye.” Surprisingly, on January 23, 2020 I actually received a second recorded message… “All lines are busy; please hold for the next representative.” Half hour wait time and a live person came online; verified that it was QC Verified and noted that there were five holidays during my Review period (guess I missed a few); And, no idea what an expected approval timeframe would be.

Holidays: Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day.

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally! Applied two months before my FOID expiration date as instructed, (02-01-20) and just visited the FOID web site and saw that I have been renewed and listed as Active! Now just hope I don't have to wait too long to get my new card in the mail. Just an update on my renewal wait.

Endeavor to persevere!

• 2 weeks later...

My FOID wait time:
12/3 Reported Lost/Stolen/Destroyed
2/28 QC Verified
3/6 Approved
3/6 Active
(3/10?) Receive Card Hopefully :)

Days from Reported to Active

94 calendar days – 31 days skipped: 63 business days
Excluded 13 Saturdays
Excluded 13 Sundays
Excluded 5 holidays:

Christmas Eve (Tuesday, December 24, 2019)
Christmas Day (Wednesday, December 25, 2019)
New Year's Day (Wednesday, January 1, 2020)
Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 20, 2020)
Presidents' Day (Monday, February 17, 2020)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived