Ok for out of state individual to ship to IL FFL?

xmikex

Hi everyone,

A friend lives in the southeast and wants to ship a firearm to an IL FFL to be transferred to an IL resident (for the record - not me). Does he have to ship from a FFL In his state to the IL FFL?

I know some IL FFLs prefer a FFL ship to them vs an individual shipping to them. Not sure if IL law makes it mandatory?

Thanks,

Mike

A non-FFL may ship a gun to an FFL in another state.

A non-FFL may ship a long gun via USPS or common carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc). It is always cheaper to use USPS as they do not require sender to use overnight service.

A non-FFL may use a common carrier to ship a handgun. A non-FFL may not use USPS to ship a handgun.

FFLs may use USPS to ship a handgun. If you have a nice (reasonably priced) FFL, it is often cheaper to pay their fee plus postage instead if paying overnight fees with common carrier.

Some FFLs will not accept a shipment from an individual. It's their business and their right to do business as they please. I think these folks are feminine cleansing product bags and will not support them in any way. There are usually plenty of good choices available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived