Photo

Glock working interactive diagram.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 22cal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

I found this interactive animated diagram on how a Glock works. Its pretty cool.

http://www.genitron....ve-Glock-Pistol

#2 Prairie Pucker

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

Very elegant.  Thanks.

- PP

"One State---One Law"

NRA Endowment Life; ISRA

#3 icm2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:00 AM

Great find. Thanks for posting.

#4 Hap

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

Under "Handgun Basics" they've also got animations of the Beretta 92FS and S&W Model 66. Animations of various 1911s are all over the place - whenever I feel the urge to buy a 1911 I watch these until the feeling passes.

Now all I need is an animation showing how to fit my large fingers in between the molded-in ridges on the Glock grip. Preferably without the help of an orthopedic surgeon.

Ad utrumque paratus

#5 lawman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:34 PM

Under "Handgun Basics" they've also got animations of the Beretta 92FS and S&W Model 66. Animations of various 1911s are all over the place - whenever I feel the urge to buy a 1911 I watch these until the feeling passes.

Now all I need is an animation showing how to fit my large fingers in between the molded-in ridges on the Glock grip. Preferably without the help of an orthopedic surgeon.

That's easy to do without a surgeon.  Just sand off the ridges.  Mask everything with duct tape and be careful to just sand the ridges.  They come off pretty easy and the end result is worth it.

#6 WARFACE

• Members
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

That's easy to do without a surgeon.  Just sand off the ridges.  Mask everything with duct tape and be careful to just sand the ridges.  They come off pretty easy and the end result is worth it.

Or buy a better gun. A 1911 doesn't require any sanding.

Aspire to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

#7 Capt_Destro

• Members
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:24 PM

Or buy a better gun. A 1911 doesn't require any sanding.

So finger grooves makes a glock inferior to a 1911?

I'm not gonna open up this can of worms.

When picking a firearm, you want one that is like a heavy chick. A gun that is reliable, doesn't mind getting rough, and one that goes bang every time. What's the point of having something pretty looking it isn't up for the task?

#8 Trevis

• Members
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:19 AM

I undercut the trigger guards on polymer frames, usually. They don't dig into the middle finger so much then. Finger grooves work better, then. I suppose it just depends on how thick your fingers are. 

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged..." - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

― Lysander SpoonerNo Treason: The Constitution of No Authority

1AApp.jpg

#9 Trevis

• Members
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

Very cool site, btw. I love the ratings on recoil and the like!

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged..." - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

― Lysander SpoonerNo Treason: The Constitution of No Authority

1AApp.jpg

#10 Capt_Destro

• Members
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:15 PM

I undercut the trigger guards on polymer frames, usually. They don't dig into the middle finger so much then. Finger grooves work better, then. I suppose it just depends on how thick your fingers are. 

IMO the finger grooves fit me just fine on full size models.

Once I move to a Glock 19, or 26 it becomes uncomfortable.

When picking a firearm, you want one that is like a heavy chick. A gun that is reliable, doesn't mind getting rough, and one that goes bang every time. What's the point of having something pretty looking it isn't up for the task?