Photo

Hudson City Alderman's "Lesser Self" Gets "Better of Him," Calls Gun Owners "Psychotards"

New York

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

I REALLY love it when a politician in another state decides to one-up Chicago stupidity. This is gonna be hard to top in terms of Aldermen...but I'm sure some Machine-owned knucklehead will do it. This is Hudson City Alderman David Marston's email response to NYS Guns Across America organizer Joanna Johnson-Smith's email urging him to oppose the city's proposed across-the-board ban on firearms on all city-owned land which would also apply to permit holders. I'm still trying to figure out why these so-called "progressive liberals" call people like "us" intolerant? Oh, yes, we do not share their beliefs so we are intolerant, "psychotards," "barbarians (who will be beaten back) with the clubs of reason & responsibility," etc etc. Nevermind, I remember now (so hard to remember that especially since it's pounded into our heads by the MSM day in, day out). That last one was my favorite as they abhor violence yet use extremely violent metaphors.

Full story here (including a link to the entire email exchange between Mrs. Johnson-Smith and *gag* Alderman Marston):
http://www.thegatewa...ty-psychotards/

"Dear Joanna Johnson-Smith,

Its really neat that all you gun toting tea party psychotards are so interested in the goings on of our little City, even though I find it amazing that you don’t have any other pressing issues before you in New Lebanon. On the other hand, I guess its not surprising, considering you ideologues aren’t interested in actual policy, but rather grandstanding on mythical narratives of victimization.

Two things: The only spit here is the white stuff frothing on the ends of that rotten little mouth of yours from which you spew this hateful ignorant trash. And a donkeys behind? The rabid ignorance of the fringe is best illustrated by its sad metaphors, I mean seriously, thank you for the laughs.

By all means, come on down, we’ll be happy to beat you barbarians back with the clubs of reason & responsibility, radical lunatics that you are. And say, a quick ProTip, since you’re the “organizer” for unemployed guns nuts USA. Next time you think these unhinged rants will change the mind of anyone who has even a modicum of intelligence, you might instead just go back down into your basement & watch another episode of wheel-of-fortune. It’ll certainly be just as effective. Remember: there are millions of Eagle Scout God Worshiping Patriots who find you & your radical ilk as disgraceful to American Democracy as the Brown Shirt jackboots you act like. I happen to be just one of them. Good Luck.

Best Regards,
David Marston"

Well did he really think NO ONE would find out about that? Either way, people did find out, a lot of people. So many that the following City Council meeting was standing room only (which wasn't enough, so it was moved again, not enough room, moved again).

Read the full article about that here (brief synopsis below with my emphasis added)
http://www.thegatewa...ty-psychotards/

"'Friedman gave a brief overview of the proposed law, stating that the 'misinformation' which had caused such a large crowd to gather had nothing to do with its intent which, he said, was an attempt to deal with employee safety issues.

He said there would be no vote on the law at the meeting and conversation would be limited to ten minutes.

Committee President Moore said the group was upset at being confronted by such a large and angry crowd who were obviously 'against us' and stressed the committee was not trying to 'do anything sneaky.'

But shouted questions from the audience forced the committee to call on Marston to respond to the vile comments he had written to Smith when she had questioned his stance on the proposed law in an email several weeks ago.'"

"Before the crowd of hundreds of infuriated gun rights activists Marston told a different story. He apologized, saying he had drafted his response to her in 'the heat of the moment' and he acknowledged the email had been inappropriate.

'I let my lesser self get the better of me,' he said."
NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#2 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• Members
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

That will surely be hard to top, but one of Chicago's alderman will surely be up to the task of trying.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those

who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.

- Thomas Jefferson

#3 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

I bet that person is on the internet all the time, putting brilliantly composed comments on news articles.

United States Concealed Carry Association Certified Firearms Instructor

Defensive Firearms Coach (DFC) 

Fundamentals of Home Defense Handgun

Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 
NRA-Certified Chief Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor
http://www.mlftraining.com
https://www.facebook...ps/mlftraining/

#4 BobPistol

• Members
  • 9,100 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

I bet that there will be huge political hay made of this, and he will not resign.
The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#5 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

That will surely be hard to top, but one of Chicago's alderman will surely be up to the task of trying.

Where is Chicago Alderman Dorothy Tillman when you really need her??

Pistol packin’ aldermen protected by the law

by Faith Okpotor
February 3, 2006

Many - perhaps most - Chicago aldermen have chosen not to exercise their statutory right to carry a weapon.

Most, that is, except the fiery, hat-wearing alderman from the Third Ward.

Dorothy Tillman startled those present at a Police and Fire Committee meeting of the Chicago City Council several years ago, an aldermanic aide recalled, when the issue of aldermen owning guns was broached.

"I carry a gun," she announced, pulling a pistol out of her purse.

A survey of all 50 aldermen had one aldermanic aide - not from Tillman's office - say, "You should talk to Tillman. Tillman is your girl."

Despite the fact that it is illegal for ordinary citizens to carry concealed weapons in Chicago, it's different for alderman. An 1872 state law allows aldermen and other municipal officials, as peace officers, to carry guns, make arrests and detain suspects "after receiving a certificate attesting to the successful completion of a training course administered by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board."

Edited by GWBH, 04 March 2013 - 08:02 AM.

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Sgt. Phil Compton (ishmo), "L" Company (RANGER) 75th Infantry - 101st Airborne Division (Vietnam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a brave soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 3rd Brigade - 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#6 ca22151

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Whoa! That was insane! I know people personally that I strongly dislike and I wouldn't write an email 1/2 as vitriolic as that. That email evidences this guy has got real problems.

Curious - not having been involved in Boy Scouts myself, if he was an Eagle Scout didn't he actually have to pass a gun safety course/ shoot a rifle and achieve a marksmanship badge?

#7 BMartin542

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Curious - not having been involved in Boy Scouts myself, if he was an Eagle Scout didn't he actually have to pass a gun safety course/ shoot a rifle and achieve a marksmanship badge?

Rifle and Shotgun are optional merit badges. I taught both in Pana for several years.

#8 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

I surely hope this horrible example of him projecting violence and intolerance will not go unnoticed. Am I the only one who realized the "progressive liberals" are the must intolerant bunch out there?

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#9 RECarry

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

I surely hope this horrible example of him projecting violence and intolerance will not go unnoticed. Am I the only one who realized the "progressive liberals" are the must intolerant bunch out there?

I've observed "progressive liberals" have two "states". State 1 is to throw a fit and demand their viewpoint be heard far and wide (emotion devoid of facts). State 2 is to shut down any discussion of said issue once they have made their proclaimation of "correctness" (emotion devoid of tolerance). Yes, my choice of the term "states" is ironic. :getlost:
A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#10 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

No you are not the only one. "Progressive liberals" are the most intolerant people I have ever met. I've been in arguments with several and they will ALWAYS take the low road when they realize that they're on the losing end of the argument. The irony is that, while they spew their vitriol and hate (stuff like "you should take one of your guns, put it in your mouth, and pull the trigger" and "I bet you voted for Bush (yeah I did, twice), you must have the IQ of a chimp."). That last one is pretty offensive, I cannot stand having my intelligence insulted solely on the basis of my political views as my IQ is likely higher than the person who is trashing me unless their IQ is higher than 126, which is almost higher than 95% of the population." (Not trying to be some pretentious a**, I do not like pointing it). In general, it's never people with degrees in say finance, accounting, economics, or anything that requires one to have quantitative skills. It's petulant punks who have or are working degrees in underwater basket weaving which is a euphemism for a useless degree such as African American studies, women's studies, sociology, most other humanities, liberal arts (the worst are the Knox College students...majors in (insert economically useless degree here that costs $250k) who are so narcissistic that they believe they are intellectually superior to everyonem. Some sort of convoluted "evolution" of thinking. Contorting our economic system for self-serving purposes. Suggesting that the Constitution is "too old" and we need a new one...then saying the Second applied only to muskets. SCOTUS disagrees but who cares right? I'm sure "you" know much more about Constitutional Law than 5 (the majority) of Supreme Court Justices, all of whom received JDs from Harvard or Yale.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Edited by skinnyb82, 04 March 2013 - 10:26 AM.

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder