Photo

NEW ISRA ALERT: Gun Control Groups Recruiting in North Suburbs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#1 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• Members
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

SPECIAL ALERT - YOUR ACTION REQUIRED

GUN CONTROLLERS PLAN RECRUITMENT AND ORGANIZATION RALLY

The gun control movement is on a roll in the northern suburbs. They will be holding a rally to recruit and organize new gun grabbers into their campaign to take your guns away from you.

IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ATTEND THIS RALLY!

As a patriotic firearm owner, you have a responsibly to defend our Constitution by challenging those who would tear down our Bill of Rights. If the gun controllers are left unchallenged, then they and their friends in Springfield will walk all over YOUR constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

EVENT DETAILS

WHEN: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 2:00 PM

WHERE: Wilmette Public Library, 1242 Wilmette AVE, Wilmette, IL

WHO: This event is being hosted by a band of gun controllers including Mark Walsh of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence; Lee Goodman of Stop Concealed Carry Coalition and; Jennifer Bishop of the Million Mom March. These people are the real deal - the hard core top dogs of the gun control movement. These are the people leading the charge to raid your gun safe and confiscate and destroy your guns. These are the people who want to prevent you from carrying defensive firearms. These are the people who don't care if you or your family members are raped, robbed and murdered by violent criminals. They only care about one thing - disarming you.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRO-GUN PEOPLE

1. Plan to be at the Wilmette Library between 1:00 and 1:30 so that you can get a seat. At past events like these, the anti-gunners try to play a game claiming that the room is "full" so as to deny entry to pro-gun people. Our aim is to ensure that there are more of OUR people there than THEIR people.

2. Be observant of abuses of your First Amendment rights by village officials. Get the name and title of any official who attempts to suppress your right of free association, assembly and speech.

3. If you have an I-GOLD t-shirt, hat, or badge, wear it! If you have an ISRA hat or an NRA hat, wear it!

4. If you see members of the media there, don't wait for them to come to you. Rather, actively approach them, tell them you are a law-abiding firearm owner, and then tell them that you adamantly oppose punitive gun control laws being proposed by the organizers, Obama, and Emanuel. Make sure the media hears our side of the story first, and often!

5. Bring your children, grand children, and other young people with you. They are the next generation of patriots. Let them see how effective grassroots organizing works! If there is a question and answer session, have your children ask the organizers why they want to leave kids and their parents defenseless against criminals.

6. Be polite, but be assertive. Do not let the anti-gunners shout you down. Defend your 2nd Amendment with passion. If you have a smart phone, video as much of the proceedings as you can.

7. Remember, this is our Lexington, this is our Concord. Be prepared to teach the gun controllers a lesson in Liberty.

8. Please share this Alert with your friends and family - encourage them to show up at the rally.

9. Please post this Alert to any and all Internet blogs and bulletin boards to which you belong.

REMEMBER - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PRESERVING YOUR FREEDOM - IF YOU DON'T DO IT, NOBODY ELSE WILL

• They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#2 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Anyone else going to attend?

I have family plans that I am now trying to get out off so that I can make this event. It's only about 15 minutes away from me, infact I passed by this morning.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#3 miztic

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'm going to see if I can make it, with video camera.
I don't own any ISRA/NRA/SAF apparel though.

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants.

#4 Jfl0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm all pooped out dealing with these people. There is no thought process or rationale T (thinking) behind their arguments. Their arguments are all full of heightened emotion (F). There is no reasoning with them. I know I am preaching to the choir here.

If any of them come to my door wanting a signature for gun grabs or control, I will tell them they have 30 seconds to leave my property. I will continue to donate money and write my legislators though.

Edited by Jfl0, 15 January 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#5 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm all pooped out dealing with these people. There is no thought process or rationale T (thinking) behind their arguments. Their arguments are all full of heightened emotion (F). There is no reasoning with them. I know I am preaching to the choir here.

If any of them come to my door wanting a signature for gun grabs or control, I will tell them they have 30 seconds to leave my property. I will continue to donate money and write my legislators though.

Unless your driveway is the length of a football field, 30 seconds is way too long.
...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#6 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I dare one of them to ring my door bell, I ordered some NRA window stickers on the suggestion of my wife today. She wanted me to put one on the front door LOL. I love the woman!

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

#7 RECarry

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'll work on recruiting some friends. Expect this group to be forewarned about the ISRA announcement. When Karen May held her townhall she knew IC and ISRA would send some members and tried to require proof of residence (constituents only) for admission to the Highland Park community center.

It's my understanding that the Illinois FOIA protects the confidentiality of FOID card holders unless there is a legitimate criminal investigation, so what would be their legal basis for denying any interested party access to the meeting?
A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#8 DoktorPaimon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'll be there and I'll see if I can rally some friends.

#9 d38runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'll work on recruiting some friends. Expect this group to be forewarned about the ISRA announcement. When Karen May held her townhall she knew IC and ISRA would send some members and tried to require proof of residence (constituents only) for admission to the Highland Park community center.

I wonder if this is legal to do.

It's my understanding that the Illinois FOIA protects the confidentiality of FOID card holders unless there is a legitimate criminal investigation, so what would be their legal basis for denying any interested party access to the meeting?

What do you mean exactly? What does the Illinois FOIA law's position on the identity of FOID card holders have to do with open access to a town hall.

#10 RECarry

• 2,409 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

You shouldn't have to reveal your identity to gun grabbers if they use that ploy to restrict access.
A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#11 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Is it a coincidense that this comes the same weekend as the March on States Capitals thing?

#12 TTIN

si vis pacem, para bellum

• Members
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I don't know about a community center,but a public library is open to ANYONE.
Patrick Henry: "Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense".

"God made men,but Colt made them equals"

"Guns don't kill people..husbands who come home early do" -Larry The Cable Guy

"Illinois: Will the Defendant Please Rise?"

"si vis pacem, para bellum"

#13 StreuB1

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

This is a good idea. Someone needs to get ahold of a lawyer friend to write up a quick legal notice citing that it is ILLEGAL to barr any person from entering a public hearing in a public place or venue.

We can then pass them around or host them then print them out before we head out.

NRA-ILA should be able to provide this.

ANYONE HAVE CONTACT?????

Edited by StreuB1, 15 January 2013 - 10:03 PM.

Brian S.
My level of home protection is measured in millimeters.
5.56 millimeters to be exact.

ONE STATE- ONE LAW
MY SBR'S ARE TOO LOUD! I NEED A LAW TO HELP MITIGATE THE SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL!!

#14 vezpa

Illinoiscarry.com Funnyman

• Members
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I always love it when some rich bitches in a suburb like Wilmette with zero crime think they have the right to tell us how to protect ourselves.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those

who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.

- Thomas Jefferson

#15 turbo_steve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I made a post on million moms Facebook page today. They were saying the NRA is an evil orginization and it does not care about people. I simply replied that the NRA represents not only its 4.25 million members, but also every citizen of the united states as they work hard to defend our constitution.

And wouldn't you know it, they deleted my comment and banned me.

Guess I should have known since they don't care about the second, they don't care about the first either.

These "gun nazis" don't like it that they are wrong. They are one sided and show up to any debate with only their half of the arguement and the only defense they have is censorship.

#16 RECarry

• 2,409 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

I made a post on million moms Facebook page today. They were saying the NRA is an evil orginization and it does not care about people. I simply replied that the NRA represents not only its 4.25 million members, but also every citizen of the united states as they work hard to defend our constitution.

Guess I should have known since they don't care about the second, they don't care about the first either.

These "gun nazis" don't like it that they are wrong. They are one sided and show up to any debate with only their half of the arguement and the only defense they have is censorship.

Correct. Here is the style of campaign mailers the Dems used non-stop for the North Shore district Rep and Senator races.

Attached Thumbnails

• Drury2a.jpg
  • Drury3a.jpg

#17 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• Members
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

I don't know about a community center,but a public library is open to ANYONE.

My wife the librarian suggested we should inquire of the library director if they would allow the use of their facilities for a similar meeting by pro-gun groups.

Most libraries receive state funds, so exclusion of any segment of the public would be questionable.
  • They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#18 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

I always love it when some rich bitches in a suburb like Wilmette with zero crime think they have the right to tell us how to protect ourselves.

Remember when the home owner in Wilmette shot an intruder and was carted off to jail a few years ago? Makes me sick. I lived in Glenview (right next to WIlmette) at the time.

-Thomas

#19 d38runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

My wife the librarian suggested we should inquire of the library director if they would allow the use of their facilities for a similar meeting by pro-gun groups.

Most libraries receive state funds, so exclusion of any segment of the public would be questionable.

This is a very good point. If a library (a public facility supported by tax dollars) is making its facilities available to meeting by various groups, including anti-gun groups, it has to do the same for opposing groups. To refuse pro-gun groups would be viewpoint discrimination by the government, which is generally prohibited under the First Amendment.

#20 MrMike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Maybe we can set up a chicagoland meet and greet? We could even do lunch at 11 or 1130 before this meeting.

http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=33509
The Second Amendment does not grant to the people the right to keep and bear arms, but merely recognizes the prior existence of that right and prohibits its infringement by Congress

#21 turbo_steve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I will be in Springfield Saturday and work sunday so I may not be able to attend this, but I am trying to get free sunday.

#22 miztic

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Maybe we can set up a chicagoland meet and greet? We could even do lunch at 11 or 1130 before this meeting.

http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=33509

Excellent idea, I'm in

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants.

#23 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Remember when the home owner in Wilmette shot an intruder and was carted off to jail a few years ago?

You mean Hale DeMar?

http://reason.com/ar...municipal-gun-b

I love the article BTW, what it said about the courts was prophetic.
“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#24 Ken

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Correct. Here is the style of campaign mailers the Dems used non-stop for the North Shore district Rep and Senator races.

Not that it matters now, but is that an Eotech and, if so, isn't it on backwards?

#25 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Wilmette was one of the suburbs that banned all handguns. They gave up after Heller, leaving Chicago and Oak Park to fight on in McDonald. So I wouldn't expect them to be a bastion of 2a support. This is nothing but a photo op for the anti's, to try and say "Look at all the people who agree with us." Would be nice to have more pro-2a folks there. I have to work this weekend :( but otherwise would be there.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#26 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I will be there.

I don't have any IGOLD or ISRA attire though....

yet....
“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#27 jobes

We will win this War-Stand and Fight! IC Member 884

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

FYI...The venue has changed I'll let ISRA post the update

#28 mauser98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

SPECIAL ALERT - NEW LOCATION FOR RALLY: GLENVIEW

GUN CONTROLLERS PLAN RECRUITMENT AND ORGANIZATION RALLY

The ISRA has been notified that the location of this event has been moved due to "anticipated larger attendance". The new location is the Glenview Police Station, 2500 East Lake Avenue, Glenview, IL 60026.

The gun control movement is on a roll in the northern suburbs. They will be holding a rally to recruit and organize new gun grabbers into their campaign to take your guns away from you.

IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ATTEND THIS RALLY!

As a patriotic firearm owner, you have a responsibly to defend our Constitution by challenging those who would tear down our Bill of Rights. If the gun controllers are left unchallenged, then they and their friends in Springfield will walk all over YOUR constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

EVENT DETAILS

WHEN: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 2:00 PM

WHERE: Glenview Police Station, 2500 East Lake Avenue, Glenview, IL
(was: Wilmette Public Library, 1242 Wilmette Ave, Wilmette, IL)

WHO: This event is being hosted by a band of gun controllers including Mark Walsh of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence; Lee Goodman of Stop Concealed Carry Coalition and; Jennifer Bishop of the Million Mom March. These people are the real deal - the hard core top dogs of the gun control movement. These are the people leading the charge to raid your gun safe and confiscate and destroy your guns. These are the people who want to prevent you from carrying defensive firearms. These are the people who don't care if you or your family members are raped, robbed and murdered by violent criminals. They only care about one thing - disarming you.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRO-GUN PEOPLE

1. Plan to be at the Glenview Police Station between 1:00 and 1:30 so that you can get a seat. At past events like these, the anti-gunners try to play a game claiming that the room is "full" so as to deny entry to pro-gun people. Our aim is to ensure that there are more of OUR people there than THEIR people.

2. Be observant of abuses of your First Amendment rights by village officials. Get the name and title of any official who attempts to suppress your right of free association, assembly and speech.

3. If you have an I-GOLD t-shirt, hat, or badge, wear it! If you have an ISRA hat or an NRA hat, wear it!

4. If you see members of the media there, don't wait for them to come to you. Rather, actively approach them, tell them you are a law-abiding firearm owner, and then tell them that you adamantly oppose punitive gun control laws being proposed by the organizers, Obama, and Emanuel. Make sure the media hears our side of the story first, and often!

5. Bring your children, grand children, and other young people with you. They are the next generation of patriots. Let them see how effective grassroots organizing works! If there is a question and answer session, have your children ask the organizers why they want to leave kids and their parents defenseless against criminals.

6. Be polite, but be assertive. Do not let the anti-gunners shout you down. Defend your 2nd Amendment with passion. If you have a smart phone, video as much of the proceedings as you can.

7. Remember, this is our Lexington, this is our Concord. Be prepared to teach the gun controllers a lesson in Liberty.

8. Please share this Alert with your friends and family - encourage them to show up at the rally.

9. Please post this Alert to any and all Internet blogs and bulletin boards to which you belong.

REMEMBER - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PRESERVING YOUR FREEDOM - IF YOU DON'T DO IT, NOBODY ELSE WILL

#29 turbo_steve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Do you think they moved it to the police station out of fear that gun owners would back down?

#30 RECarry

• 2,409 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Do you think they moved it to the police station out of fear that gun owners would back down?

It's similar to when Karen May knew RTC people were attending her town hall. It was at the Highland PArk Community Center next to the police station. They tried getting people to show ID as proof of residency in her district. The "limited space" argument.