Photo

CONFIRMATION OF ISP HAVING YOUR LIVESCAN FINGER PRINTS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 rubicon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

I waited 90 days and found out that the reason why I do not have my CCL...is because LIVESCAN did not give my prints to the ISP!!!  I found the way to verify whether your prints have been received or not is to call the Joliet ISP Bureau of Identification at this secret # 1-815 740-5160 and then hit the #2 when the recording starts. Red Dot Arms refunded my $60.00 and now I can just wait :(

Edited by rubicon, 08 April 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#2 AJR

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

I did not see that listed anywhere.

I and my students thank you.

“Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.” -- Bruce Lee

American Firearms Training of Illinois

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

NRA Range Safety Officer

NRA Instructor: BP, CRSO, RTBAV, PPITH, PPOTH
T.C.T.I. Semi-Auto Firearms Instructor
Utah Conceal Carry Firearms Instructor

Illinois State Police Approved Conceal Carry Firearms Instructor

#3 pdpsc

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

I waited 90 days and found out that the reason why I do not have my CCL...is because LIVESCAN did not give my prints to the ISP!!!  I found the way to verify whether your prints have been received or not is to call the Joliet ISP Bureau of Identification at this secret # 1-815 740-5160 and then hit the #2 when the recording starts. Red Dot Arms refunded my $60.00 and now I can just wait :(

I hear tales of this type of thing almost daily. Many live scan vendors popped up to capitalize on concealed carry and had no clue how to conduct business as a live scan vendor. I'm already hearing that some of the vendors who popped up to capitalize on concealed carry are either gone or contemplating their exit from the business. Live scan is not a profitable business and it's not as easy to be in the business as many were led to believe by the franchise sellers and equipment manufacturers.
Firearms Instructor - Metro Training Group Facebook
FFL Dealer/Gunsmith - Metro Armory Facebook
ISP Certified Firearm Concealed Carry License Instructor #1
Armorer - Glock, Smith & Wesson (M&P Pistol & M&P15 Rifle) & Springfield Armory (XD/XDm & M1911)
NRA Endowment-Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#4 cjurczak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

I have used LiveScan for years, not by choice, but the choice of the state for numerous licenses for my "other" hobbies.  They are not perfect,  and it seems they don't have anything in place to bring problems to thier attention.  They are in the business of if there's a problem the customer will let us know.  They won't seek you out to verify or correct information.  

No Guns No Money Cards & more:
Posted Image

#5 giwalsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Any one have any problems with biometric impessions?

Or did anyone that has their ccl use them?

#6 mkink

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

Thank you for the information. I got my fingerprints done yesterday, and called today to confirm. They received my prints, processed them, and forwarded them on for the background. Great to be able to actually talk to someone, and I didn't wait on hold either. 

#7 michaelludwig

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

I called BOI yesterday and my TCN# and prints are good i'm on day 95 and still under review