Shooting at Mercy Hospital

VannDaddy

now jabba will try to get rid of ccl because of this,he will use every trick in the book to disarm us.

I see many law suits that this state can not afford to fight if this happens. I hope you're wrong, but nothing would surprise me. Another case of GUN FREE ZONES illustrating just exactly how dangerous they are these days. RIP to all the victims and RIH to the shooter. (Rot in ....) The young officer, a doctor, and and a pharm worker, 3 good people doing good work to save lives and this happens. So sad, so tragic. Since the libs don't hang out here, I offer thoughts and prayers to the families and the victims.

now jabba will try to get rid of ccl because of this,he will use every trick in the book to disarm us.

What crime have we committed? Our rights are not dependent on the actions of criminals.

Only one CCL holder out of almost 500,000 who has committed a crime in 5 years and statistics show that CCL holders are the most law abiding people.

Since it became legal, countless lives have been saved because of it. The antis were saying blood will be running on the streets if it became legal.

What about CCL holders who have saved the lives of police officers like the guy on Cicero avenue exactly two months ago.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/ccl-holder-chicago-shootout/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/8255/report-concealed-carry-permit-holders-are-most-law-aaron-bandler

What crime have we committed? Our rights are not dependent on the actions of criminals.

Well, in theory, that is correct, in practice not so much, by and large rights (especially 2nd) have been infringed upon because of the actions of a few criminals or just because they could, I can't see JB being any different than those anti-gunners that have come before him in regards to infringing upon out 2nd rights. I would bet money that JB and his friends will lean on the fact this guy was a CCL holder and use that to lobby for more restrictive CC rules and laws, it's what they do.

Deepest sympathies to all the victims of this senseless act of domestic violence.

If you were able to follow the TV news coverage and listen to some of the BREAKING NEWS 'eye witnesses' describe the incident, you would surely wonder what happened to the assault rifle folks clearly saw being used, rather than the single handgun that actually WAS used by the jilted fiancée.

There is a reason that many people consider eye-witness testimony to be highly unreliable. The mind plays tricks during extreme stress.

Deepest sympathies to all the victims of this senseless act of domestic violence.

If you were able to follow the TV news coverage and listen to some of the BREAKING NEWS 'eye witnesses' describe the incident, you would surely wonder what happened to the assault rifle folks clearly saw being used, rather than the single handgun that actually WAS used by the jilted fiancée.

There is a reason that many people consider eye-witness testimony to be highly unreliable. The mind plays tricks during extreme stress.

Eyewitnesses are generally unreliable.

I would guess they saw SWAT.

This is a good thing. The state did pass the CCW law but only because the court said it was unconstitutional to prevent carrying arms outside the home. Another good deal with this is the suit did not ask for open or concealed carry only that there must be a provision to carry outside the home. It was then the state that decided to make the law allow concealed carry. They could have made open carry the state law but did not. Also the state could have appealed to the Supreme Court but did not and I am guessing here but I think they had pressure from other anti states not to. Even with the make-up of the Supreme Court at that time they were afraid it would become the law of the land. Not saying JB etc. could not try to further restrict the law but I can't see any way it could be eliminated. Jim.

I heard Roe Conn talking about the shootout and he said a 9mm is deafening as is the 40mm.

To me the 40mm isn't that loud. It just kinda goes Boonk

Kind of off topic, but I shoot a lot of 40 and 9 at our club. To my ears (even with hearing protection) the 40 has a louder report??? Back to the discussion at hand.

That's a .40S&W. He said 40mm.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm wondering why Eddie & Tiny dancer didn't have a press conference for over 6 hours after the shooting ? Not one damn word from either one. I know Eddie isn't allowed to speak without checking with Rahm but when an officer is shot, he should be out there with the facts. And why were hundreds of cops still standing around talking at Mercy for hours after it had been cleared ? I know they were concerned about the fallen officer but don't they have other things to do in that crime ridden city ?

Regarding whether or not this guy had a CCL.....so far I've seen no official report of this being the case. Everything I've seen amounts to hearsay.

We may want to hold off on spreading unconfirmed info until it's either proven to be true, or disproven.

FWIW the Chicago Tribune is reporting that he had no criminal record and did have a CCW.

Regarding whether or not this guy had a CCL.....so far I've seen no official report of this being the case. Everything I've seen amounts to hearsay.

We may want to hold off on spreading unconfirmed info until it's either proven to be true, or disproven.

FWIW the Chicago Tribune is reporting that he had no criminal record and did have a CCW.

I'd prefer an official statement from CPD.

If it turns out he didn't, keep an eye on that article because it'll get "updated"

As I understand it, and lordie knows I sometimes can get confused, a Hispanic male used a handgun to shoot and kill a black female with whom he was previously involved as well as two innocent bystanders and was himself made dead in the process.

If you ever follow https://heyjackass.com/ the story kinda reads like every other day in Chicago? The 'non-typical' details are the black female is a well respected doctor, one of the bystanders was a policeman, the other a Caucasian pharmacy tech. That DOES make it by definition "news".

I suspect that were they typical Chicago weekend victims it would barely get media coverage at all? It should not be the case.....but it is.

Archived