Photo

What is up with the NRA

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 max503

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:21 PM

Admittedly, I haven't kept up with this issue.  But I'm staying with the NRA, if only for the fact that The Left would LOVE to see the NRA crash and burn.

I'll be sending my dues shortly.

Edited by max503, 27 June 2019 - 12:21 PM.

#32 papa

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:55 PM

I got my easy pay life monthly bill the other day. I wrote a note on the back of the remittance stub .... As long as Wayne LaPierre was CEO of the NRA ,I would no longer be a paying member of the NRA.  I also did not send a $25.00 check . 

I have always defended the NRA and strongly believe that without them we would have lost or rights years ago.  With that said , they have not been that strong in protecting our 2A rights for several years and I will not support W. P.'s wardrobe and lavish trips with my money .  Get rid of Him and a bunch of the board members and I will be back.   Stop the cash flow and things will change!

#33 McCroskey

With Liberty and Justice for all

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

Bring back Oliver North and I'll consider rejoining

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

#34 lawman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:55 PM

Unfortunately, NRA membership is required to maintain membership in my gun club so I will be staying.

#35 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:47 PM

Unfortunately, NRA membership is required to maintain membership in my gun club so I will be staying.

Start a movement.

Posted Image

#36 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:04 AM

Here is whats up as I see it... 

Wayne and Ack Mac were at odds over something, we may never really know what. I don't think either party represents gun owners. 

Ack Mac tried to push wayne out utilizing those within the NRA who are loyal to Ack Mac and started a war. Since Ack Mac fired the first shot Wayne has been playing the game and Wayne is winning. What we are seeing here is Wayne pushing out his rivals and consolidating his power.  

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#37 lowhouse5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

What we are seeing here is the chickens coming home to roost.

They've been bleeding the NRA dry for decades.

I just made another donation to SAF.

Felt pretty good.

NRA board attendance:

Marion Hammer?

http://www.adamkraut.com/attendance

Call them out on this baloney.

Edited by lowhouse5, 28 June 2019 - 10:33 AM.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

#38 Kingcreek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:17 PM

If the NRA is going to survive, they are going to have to step up and clean house and be transparent and forthcoming about the whole thing.

#39 djmarkla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

If the NRA is going to survive, they are going to have to step up and clean house and be transparent and forthcoming about the whole thing.

Exactly what I believe.

#40 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,062 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:34 PM

Today I received a renewal gift from the NRA. I forgot all about it and never really expected to see it. All I ever received from them are the hats, and I never specifically asked for them.

One time I renewed at Cabela's and got handed a gift certificate, that was nice.

I tried to be a good member. I called to get myself off of the mailing list. I switched my magazine subscription to online vs mail. I even sent extra money when they begged.

But something I never received until today was the free gift of my choosing. I can't say if it's the NRA or the Post Office that was ripping me off. My guess is that it wasn't the NRA.

Whenever I specified a gift like a knife, flashlight, travel mug etc. I would get an empty envelope that was torn open on a corner. One time there was an empty box inside the torn open envelope.

They used to ship UPS, and then UPS would hand off the last leg to the post office. I believe this is where the theft would occur.

I say this because today, for the first time ever, my gift arrived and it was sent USPS with tracking, in a smaller padded envelope.

Informed delivery told my to expect it, I had no idea what it was. It was a Green Coyote Knife. Very similar in size to a well worn 511 knife I usually have on me all of the time. It is sharp out of the box and I may move the 511 to one of my bug bags after I break this new one in.

I used to feel guilty about selecting a gift, but I never would get them. I suspected that the NRA would send out empty ripped envelopes,but now I k ow better.

But now I don't feel guilty anymore seeing how I can get a pocket knife, or the board members can get new silk suits. You know, that whole o line magazine thing is not as convenient as the print copy. Hmmm.
Have all boated who fish?

#41 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,062 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:35 PM

Today I received a renewal gift from the NRA. I forgot all about it and never really expected to see it. All I ever received from them are the hats, and I never specifically asked for them.

One time I renewed at Cabela's and got handed a gift certificate, that was nice.

I tried to be a good member. I called to get myself off of the mailing list. I switched my magazine subscription to online vs mail. I even sent extra money when they begged.

But something I never received until today was the free gift of my choosing. I can't say if it's the NRA or the Post Office that was ripping me off. My guess is that it wasn't the NRA.

Whenever I specified a gift like a knife, flashlight, travel mug etc. I would get an empty envelope that was torn open on a corner. One time there was an empty box inside the torn open envelope.

They used to ship UPS, and then UPS would hand off the last leg to the post office. I believe this is where the theft would occur.

I say this because today, for the first time ever, my gift arrived and it was sent USPS with tracking, in a smaller padded envelope.

Informed delivery told my to expect it, I had no idea what it was. It was a Green Coyote Knife. Very similar in size to a well worn 511 knife I usually have on me all of the time. It is sharp out of the box and I may move the 511 to one of my bug bags after I break this new one in.

I used to feel guilty about selecting a gift, but I never would get them. I suspected that the NRA would send out empty ripped envelopes,but now I know better.

But now I don't feel guilty anymore seeing how I can get a pocket knife, or the board members can get new silk suits. You know, that whole online magazine thing is not as convenient as the print copy. Hmmm.

Stupid speelchick

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190708_150201289.jpg

Edited by Mr. Fife, 08 July 2019 - 02:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users