C&R City of Chicago, Cook County

BigB

So, I went to order a K31 from AIM Surplus the other day. I get an email stating I can't receive the K31 because my 03 FFL has a Cook County address. The funny thing is, from 2010-2013 I ordered 7 different C&Rs from them, one being a K31 in the past. I pointed this out to them but they wouldn't budge from their current policy which is not to ship any firearms to Chicago or Cook County. I don't live in the city; one of the nicer western suburbs.

As much as I loved AIM in the past, I will no longer order anything from them. They are one of the most popular online vendors and will surely not miss my business which was 29 orders (and thousands spent) since 09' or 2010. BUT, when you have a BS policy with no factual basis, they deserve to get called out for it. It's a frickin K31 and there are no laws against a Cook resident owning one.

Pretty much the only two online C&R outfits I will deal with in the future are Southern Ohio Gun and Classic Firearms. Both have been great to me and will get my repeat business J&G Sales is a sloppy outfit and they screwed me in the past (so I refuse to patronize them), but that is another story for another time.

SO, I urge all you Cook residents to email AIM and tell them that their "Absolutely no firearms to Cook County" policy sucks, and that you will not be giving them any of your business. If you live outside of Cook and still feel strongly about their terrible policy, feel free to jump on the email/complaint train. Discrimination without a solid base (or any at all) is just flat out wrong. Take care everyone.

I'm here to eat my words. Just got a new email from AIM this morning stating after review they will ship C&R firearms to Cook county. heck yeah! Very happy about being able to get a walnut stocked K31 to fill that spot in my collection:) Only have beech stock K31s so this will be a nice addition.

So, I went to order a K31 from AIM Surplus the other day. I get an email stating I can't receive the K31 because my 03 FFL has a Cook County address. The funny thing is, from 2010-2013 I ordered 7 different C&Rs from them, one being a K31 in the past. I pointed this out to them but they wouldn't budge from their current policy which is not to ship any firearms to Chicago or Cook County. I don't live in the city; one of the nicer western suburbs.

As much as I loved AIM in the past, I will no longer order anything from them. They are one of the most popular online vendors and will surely not miss my business which was 29 orders (and thousands spent) since 09' or 2010. BUT, when you have a BS policy with no factual basis, they deserve to get called out for it. It's a frickin K31 and there are no laws against a Cook resident owning one.

Pretty much the only two online C&R outfits I will deal with in the future are Southern Ohio Gun and Classic Firearms. Both have been great to me and will get my repeat business J&G Sales is a sloppy outfit and they screwed me in the past (so I refuse to patronize them), but that is another story for another time.

SO, I urge all you Cook residents to email AIM and tell them that their "Absolutely no firearms to Cook County" policy sucks, and that you will not be giving them any of your business. If you live outside of Cook and still feel strongly about their terrible policy, feel free to jump on the email/complaint train. Discrimination without a solid base (or any at all) is just flat out wrong. Take care everyone.

I'm here to eat my words. Just got a new email from AIM this morning stating after review they will ship C&R firearms to Cook county. heck yeah! Very happy about being able to get a walnut stocked K31 to fill that spot in my collection:) Only have beech stock K31s so this will be a nice addition.

Wow, that's a major development. I still won't deal with them, though they have some nice stuff in, because they've given me the same excuses in the past (no sales to Cooke [sic] County, oh we're just a small business we can't afford lawyers blah blah). Southern Ohio Gun are about as good as it gets to deal with. I've never had problems with J&G or Classic, either.

I refuse to deal with J&G Sales because once awhile back I ordered a K31 and it arrived with the bolt poking out of the box. Another time I ordered a Hi-power when they had 6-7 left according to their live inventory and basically one of their counter guys sold it out from underneath me before it could be shipped out. Two strikes and you're out in my book.

Archived