Marijuana Convictions To Be Expunged.

Lou

It would seem to me its a opportunity to raise some funds for the county for some budget deposit (I'm sure somebody clever can find some cause) That if you want a Marijuana conviction expunged, You apply for it and pay a fee to the county.

It could be used for something as simple as funds to local hospitals for addiction counciling or services.

Chances are the defendant already paid a fine to the city for the initial arrest and court time. F chicago getting any more than they already don't deserve.

Not a lot but enough due to THC oil cartridges. I know people who picked that up because it's a lot cleaner than smoking. Smoking is all dirty and that's what kept people away from it but edibles? Well why not? Now we've got all of this fake stuff floating around. People vaping pesticides and God knows what else. I read one article saying a lab report of one cartridge had hydrogen cyanide gas as a byproduct of one of the chemicals.

Prescient, with the vaping deaths and hospitalizations now in the news. Current thought seems to be it's mostly people trying to vape oil based substances, mostly THC stuff. Then again, if people are vaping hydrogen cyanide, its not a shocker that there are fatalities.

• 2 weeks later...
Another unintended consequence of Pritzker doing this is what does he think all of the pot dealers will do if their product is now effectively worthless or price bottoms out? They're gonna deal meth and heroin and crack. They have to put food on the table, pay their rent. Well, some do. Others...the ones making hundreds of thousands, they're just greedy. But there's gonna be a lot more meth and heron on our streets come January 1. What will the solution be for that? Why, legalize heroin and tax it into oblivion. Same with meth. I'm just waiting for brothels to start popping up when the ILGS realizes that's an untapped resource for tax revenue.

Prescient, with the vaping deaths and hospitalizations now in the news. Current thought seems to be it's mostly people trying to vape oil based substances, mostly THC stuff. Then again, if people are vaping hydrogen cyanide, its not a shocker that there are fatalities.
Natural selection in action (if you even believe Darwin anymore, many do no). It's the same reason why we should have "three strikes" for narcan. "We will not give you narcan if this is your third overdose." Compassionate? Nah. Empathetic? Nah. These people aren't gonna help themselves. As we all know (or strongly suspect now) those carts are counterfeits. It's all dealers either buying those CCell cartridges or fake ones then filling them with garbage oil they make in their basement (just take a ton of ditch weed, separate the oil from the base, strain it out, etc...) then mix in some propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. Lastly, shady dealers cut with vitamin E oil which will coat the interior of the lungs with oil so that you literally cannot breath. Very little oxygen capacity. None of them, as far as I've heard at least, are directly caused by nicotine-based stuff. And if it is, then it's poorly/haphazardly mixed e-juice. I've been sucking on that crap for a while now since it's a better alternative than smoking a pack a day or God knows what. I have never had a single health problem that I can directly attribute to it because I don't buy stuff from the meth head down the street. But I have had some gnarly chest coughs and whatnot from smoking so I see vaping as an actual safer alternative. I may not be saying that in 20, 30, or 40 years, but I made that choice. People are stupid, they're not held responsible for their personal decisions. I'm sick of these enablers. It's like the people are the codependents an government is the enabler. Or government is abusive alcohol husband and people are battered wife who is so terrified she won't speak up. Government is not my mom but it does greatly resemble my dad. "I know what's best for you, shut up, *smack* you had better fall in line...." Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Meanwhile, the sheriff in Meclinberg county NC just revoked a CCL because the hospital called him because someone tested positive for marijuana... we don't have any form of legal marijuana here, but we also don't have red flag laws here in NC. This is just some triggered lefty health care provider ratting out a patient. Details are sketchy, all we have is a tweet from the guy who got bit by this.

Meanwhile, the sheriff in Meclinberg county NC just revoked a CCL because the hospital called him because someone tested positive for marijuana... we don't have any form of legal marijuana here, but we also don't have red flag laws here in NC. This is just some triggered lefty health care provider ratting out a patient. Details are sketchy, all we have is a tweet from the guy who got bit by this.
I read about it and without more details, it sounds like a whole lot of crucial info is suspiciously missing. For a hospital to narc out a patient to the police, it would be a massive HIPAA violation. I’ll post back in a sec when I get onto my computer.

Alright I'm back.

Some of the things that are extremely strange about it are:

1. Why was he getting drug tested? Employment? Did he work at the hospital and they did a random on him? Was he a nurse and a failed drug test requires the hospital to report it to the state? Lot's of missing info here that is pretty critical. The only times drug tests are reported to the authorities is when it's mandated, like for DOT, or public sector jobs. The reason for the drug test is missing.

2. In the message it seemed to hint at him saying it was medical, and insinuating his doctor prescribed it, which would be impossible in NC since it's not legal at all, medical or otherwise.

3. I don't know the CCL laws in NC, so I can't say whether or not the hospital violated HIPAA. But one question that comes to mind is how they even knew he had a CCL.

I honestly don't buy the story. It sounds a lot like some idiot who had a CCL, smoked pot, worked in a job where they can do randoms and it's reported to the authorities if you fail, and he felt dumb and wanted a bunch of attention.

I just don't think intoxicants of any flavor go well with operating firearms. What will happen in the event of a DGU and the shooter, is stoned. Can't be good.

Probably the same thing that happens when the Defensive shooter has alcohol in his/her system......

has there been an instance like that yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't think intoxicants of any flavor go well with operating firearms. What will happen in the event of a DGU and the shooter, is stoned. Can't be good.

Probably the same thing that happens when the Defensive shooter has alcohol in his/her system......

has there been an instance like that yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I know about. But - I am sure there are folks here who are staying up on ALL defensive shooting cases. Maybe they will chime in.

You cannot be denied the right to self-defense because you are drunk, stoned, or under the influence.

Whether you were impaired or sober at the time of the "defensive gun use", the appropriateness and/or legality of your actions at the time of the shooting can still be challenged in a criminal or civil court.

A prosecuting or plaintiff's attorney would certainly try to claim that the presence of alcohol or other drug in your system caused you to respond inappropriately, causing death or bodily harm to an innocent person.

The does not mean that you would be automatically found guilty of a criminal or civil offense. Not mixing guns and alcohol, or other drugs, is a prudent course to follow.

Archived