ISP website being difficult.

It's about 5 months before I really have to worry about renewal, but I thought I'd stick my head in on the ISP CCL web portal, just to check on it.

Ooops. Can't log in with the credentials I last used in 2014.

I thought I could just go through the password reset page. No joy their either. I enter my user ID, last name and date of birth, and a new box appears. "Security Question 1".

So, I guess I'm supposed to guess what the question was, 5 years ago, and answer it.

Would it hurt to just make a new user, or is my current stuff tied to the username I can't get in as?

If you are not getting the actual question, that means it does not recognize your user ID. Yes, they updated the system in 2015-16 and you may need to register a new account. It may not accept the same email address, it may say it is already in use and you will have to use a different email address.

I personally have registered as a new user due to the change over. I have helped a number of my students register as new users due to the same circumstances. You will be able to use your same email address.

If you are not getting the actual question, that means it does not recognize your user ID.

Now, thats some good programming and a user friendly interface /s

Everything I've come to expect from State of IL IT.

How many thousands are like me? Have an account in the first rush of applications, then don't check the site once theirs card went active.

Just logged in and everything worked fine, but still no button to renew my CCL.

We're still a ways away from anyone needing it.

Renewal classes are starting up, whats the best guess when they will be accepting renewal applications?
If it takes as long as initial submission (3-4 months) and the ISP is telling people to submit 5 months in advance (didnt I read that here on the board?), then I'd think they should open up renewals at least 6 months in advance...but it doesnt matter what I think ;-)

Archived