Illinois Population Dwindling - No Surprise Here.

Craigcelia

I had my second walk-through in three months last night. People were in the house for 40 minutes. No word yet but I'm hopeful this morning because when I house shop I know within a few steps through a front door if a house is a good fit or not, and these people didn't run away. They lingered as if trying to absorb as much of my fresh baked cinnamon roll scented semi-custom home ambiance as they could. (Maybe they were searching for the cinnamon rolls.)

I'd really love to launch out of here before year end. Please!

All you need to know is

"The mayor has offered more than taxpayers can afford. But the CTU wants even more....."

Neither side cares about the taxpayers it's all about themselves and power!

Drove past 2 schools on the first morning of the strike. There were horns honking like the cubs won a major game. Every other car practically. Big rig truckers also. I can't believe people around here are that stupid. Everyone was wearing so much red, maybe all the people driving by thought it was a Trump rally.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't it be a cool learning experience if they had signs in multiple languages and on some days they took the english ones down? Some students might learn something...

I have neighbors from Poland, Palestine, Malaysia, and Vietnam.

They don't get special signs.

Part of the reason the US uses Spanish more often is that the nations that border it are Spanish speaking or English speaking. Quebec doesn't really count. But, as you can understand, with free-trade and attempts to create a North American Union Zone like the EU. It is kinda necessary to have Spanish used more frequently. That said, I listen to Polski radio station all the time and I can't speak the language. I think the area needs to do more to have more diverse music on radio stations. It would be nice to hear what's popular in Russia, Brazil, China, etc.

Wouldn't it be a cool learning experience if they had signs in multiple languages and on some days they took the english ones down? Some students might learn something...

After a conversation I had the other day I figured I would comment on this, the conversation I had was with a diehard liberal educator. I dared to mention how many of the schools in my area perform very low, especially my school district and that is part of the reason we homeschool (not all but part) it triggered them over the top (I'm talking vein popping, red face, clenched jaw and all) they instantly went on a ranting rampage about how I could not trust those school performance grades because the test are given in English only. She insisted that every student should have the option to be educated and take their test in their native language and no be compelled to learn English or take test in English so they performed better, and they were dead serious.

"diehardliberaleducator."

I'm not a grammer nazi but that is supposed to be one word...

After a conversation I had the other day I figured I would comment on this, the conversation I had was with a diehard liberal educator. I dared to mention how many of the schools in my area perform very low, especially my school district and that is part of the reason we homeschool (not all but part) it triggered them over the top (I'm talking vein popping, red face, clenched jaw and all) they instantly went on a ranting rampage about how I could not trust those school performance grades because the test are given in English only. She insisted that every student should have the option to be educated and take their test in their native language and no be compelled to learn English or take test in English so they performed better, and they were dead serious.

To heck with nearly(99.9%) all of them. If you paid these morons all the money in the world, it still wouldn't be enough and the kids would still be stupid. Home school for the win. Parents need to know/learn the material as well. My niece and nephew were having problems at school and getting bad grades many years ago. Helped them out and showed them how to find youtube videos for help in any subject they wanted. Went from flunking to graduating hs early with good grades.

Watch videos of hot women...........and learn something, too!

Im kinda all for them taking performance test in their “native” tongue as well, provided it’s in that county as well! ;-)

You want the performance test in Polish, then you take it in Poland. I don’t think the schools in Poland offer performance tests in every language on this planet either.

Archived