Responding to CCL Review Board Request for Statement

• 3 months later...

Hey guys so after being under board review, getting an objection from an agency, doing the response statement, and waiting, my status was changed to under review once again. Does anyone know why that happened? Is it a good thing?

Congrats! That means the board has overruled the objection. You should receive your CCL in the next 30 days or so

Its been a couple of years since i used the inspect element so i do not want to give you any inaccurate information so check some of the threads on these illinoiscarry.com for upadate info or just google inspect element illinois ccl. If i remember you have to right click under review from a home computer and you will see a bunch of hidden goodies lol

Hey guys so after being under board review, getting an objection from an agency, doing the response statement, and waiting, my status was changed to under review once again. Does anyone know why that happened? Is it a good thing?

It means you are on your way to receiving your license! Do the inspect element

How do I inspect elements?

• 2 months later...
I Got denied for my FOID in 2014. I got my WHOLE record EXPUNGED & Sent An Appeal form to ISP along with my expungement papers showing that I no longer have a record in Sept 2018. May 2019 I received my FOID. June 2019 I Took My CCL Class. August 27th 2019 I took my prints so I can get it in 90 days & sent my CCL app off. I checked everyday it said UNDER REVIEW on my 89th day it said under review in the morning. I checked back in the evening & it said UNDER BOARD REVIEW today is my 90th day and it still says Under Board Review. Can anybody tell me what that means? Am I denied?

Is it possible my CCL went under board review because my address doesn’t match my CCL and foid? I figure I would have gotten something in the mail prompting me to correct one or the other. on my license it says “unit B” on my foid/CCL it says “apt B”

No, under board review means a law enforcement agency filed an objection.

Hey Isiah its going to be a couple of months so just be patient while you are under review. Make sure that you read some of the earlier post in this thread and you should be ok as long as you meet the minimum requirements obtaining your CCL.Make sure you keep a eye out for the the response letter. You have 15 days to response so its best to make sure you check your mail and also keep a eye on the ISP portal. I never received a letter in the mail luckily i kept checking the portal. Have you been arrested in the last few years,any domestic violence issues or any convictions?

Thanks Molly. So even tho my record is expunged why would law enforcement object to me? In sept 2018 I had to appeal my foid and I sent in my my appeal form along with all my expungement letters and I win my appeal. From what I read expunged records don’t show up.

My arrest history is EXPUNGED I haven’t been arrested since then. Even my expunged records don’t have any convictions. That’s why I’m lost as to why I’m under board review because from what I know. Nobody is supposed to view expunged records because they are destroyed. So I went into this with a squeaky clean background. And what’s the ISP portal?

The portal is where you logged in to do your application.

https://ispfsb.com

Have you pulled your record to see if everything really was expunged? I thought siome things did not qualify. LE can object for any reason...a contact card on file from a previous encounter, a mix up on the name, etc.

Out of curiousity, what county are you in...Cook is notorious for objecting for any reason at all.

Edited by InterestedBystander

Thanks Molly. So even tho my record is expunged why would law enforcement object to me? In sept 2018 I had to appeal my foid and I sent in my my appeal form along with all my expungement letters and I win my appeal. From what I read expunged records don’t show up.

We usually recommend someone who has expunged their record to wait at least 90 days and then have their background checked by ISP bureau of identification to ensure everything has been removed from the record and been signed off by local and county law enforcement. It's possible that Cook Co. had not yet cleared their records? Or maybe a local law enforcement hadn't done so yet? If that is the case, it could still show up. Sealed records remain accessible to agencies.

The good news is the Review Board is overruling about 80% of the objections coming out of Cook Co., next step is to wait to see if they overrule yours. If it looks like they have reason to deny yours, you will be informed as to who objected and why then given an opportunity to submit at statement/facts/documents in your own defense. Tihs topic offers suggestions in the opening post for submitting your response.