Cheap suppressors - don't forget the tax stamp

lockman

Product Description

Solvent Trap Adapters for 3/4 NPT (Napa 4003 / Wix 24003 Filter)

Select your barrel threads above. Price varies slightly, depending on the barrel threads you have selected.

You can probably find cheaper, but you’ll get what you pay for.

The Stainless adapters are single-point turned from billet Stainless Steel then given a matte finish on all exposed surfaces.

The Parkerized adapters are single-point turned from billet 4140 Chromium-Molybdenum Steel (not Aluminum or low-carbon steel). Please note that Parkerizing color and consistency are directly related to the metal surface and cannot be completely controlled. It’s a minor trade-off for the superior protection and durability.

This is an evolution of the Solvent Trap Adapter, and is, in fact, no longer a Solvent Trap. It is a pass-through solvent recycling and cleaning system. Replacement filter cartridges are available as low as 7 microns! I just stuff it full of rags/paper towels/toilet paper. This makes all other rifle-platform adapters obsolete. Small bore/non-gas-op/handguns might still prefer the older style.

Napa 4003 / Wix 24003

Napa 4744 / Wix 24744

https://www.gunthreadadapters.com/shop/uncategorized/solvent-trap-adapter-for-34-npt-napa-4003-wix-24003-filter/

exactly why suppressor laws are dumb. The dumbest of criminals could make them with simple items available from any home improvement store.

Its not even a criminal thing! Our politicians are so stupid that they think its like a james bond movie! all they will hear is a pfft! When really you are talking about a 20-30db reduction.

but not in Illinois

I see people using them in Missouri and Arkansas all the time

Yeah - really!!

...and if you think you're giving up any "rights to privacy" to get an IL carry permit, try filling out some documentation for Class 3 licensing.

Its not even a criminal thing! Our politicians are so stupid that they think its like a james bond movie! all they will hear is a pfft! When really you are talking about a 20-30db reduction.

A subsonic .22 with a suppressor makes less than a pfft.

That is true

a subsonic 22 with a potato jammed over the barrell or a nipple from a baby bottle makes less than a pffft heck when you shoot shorts out of my fads old Winchester single shot bolt with nothing to reduce the sound they ate quieter than my air rifle lol

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Please I hope no one with half a brain plans on attempting something like this....we will see ya in like 30 years......not even good to joke about.

Whatever you do, do NOT do a search on YouTube for "homemade suppressor".

why? I have searched for plenty of times. heck I have all the equipment to make one. If it threw up any flags I am sure they would have asked me about it.

Please I hope no one with half a brain plans on attempting something like this....we will see ya in like 30 years......not even good to joke about.

Whatever you do, do NOT do a search on YouTube for "homemade suppressor".

My biggest concern in searching for that on YouTube would be that the person making the video is a rank amatuer and has not / will not actually test it themselves (i.e. Letting their audience be the human lab rat).

a C&R overrules illinois state law? Or is there an exception for C&R in the illinois law?

no they managed to pull a fast on on the democrats - seems they thought it only applied to re-enacting hysterical pieces ...

I'm amazed it still stands

My understanding was, with the 'solvent trap' type stuff, if you wanted to use it as a supressor, you would have to get the stamp on the oil filter itself. Which kind of makes the whole thing less palatable.

That said, im tempted to get one, to use as a solvent trap! That crap gets everywhere when I clean my barrels.

My understanding was, with the 'solvent trap' type stuff, if you wanted to use it as a supressor, you would have to get the stamp on the oil filter itself. Which kind of makes the whole thing less palatable.

That said, im tempted to get one, to use as a solvent trap! That crap gets everywhere when I clean my barrels.

which is the exact intended legal purpose of them

I've been over to Mid America arms over in St. Louis. They have a glass case displaying their suppressors for sale. I remember one price tag was $700 something.

Here's a screen shot from their security cameras the last time I was there:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100923210152/simpsons/images/b/b4/Homer_drool.jpg

I have to wonder what the profit margin is in making them??? Granted you'd have buy a metal working lathe, maybe a bridgeport too. i am assuming it takes a Class III SOT to be able to make them. I wonder if takes even more special paperwork and licensing to sell them???

Archived