San Francisco resolution drafted to declare NRA a terrorist organization

steveTA84

They are criminalizing the opposition. That's been the goal of the far left for years.

https://www.annefrank.org/en/anne-frank/go-in-depth/germany-1933-democracy-dictatorship/

The fact that many Germans were attracted by the NSDAP was not only because of their party programme. The party radiated strength and vitality. Moreover, the Nazi leaders were young, quite unlike the greying politicians of the established parties. In addition, Hitler's image as a strong leader appealed to people. He was all set to unite the population and put an end to political discord.The Nazis focused on voters from all walks of life, rather than on just one group, such as the workers or Catholics. They also attracted many people who had never voted before. Still, in November 1932 the party seemed to be past its peak. The economy was recovering, and the NSDAP received 11% fewer votes than in the July elections earlier that same year.

Sounds an awful lot like the current strategies and the young squad of a American political party, doesn’t it?

Before long, Hitler claimed more power. The fire in the Reichstag, the parliament building, was a key moment in this development. On 27 February 1933, guards noticed the flames blazing through the roof. They overpowered the suspected arsonist, a Dutch communist named Marinus van der Lubbe. He was executed after a show trial in 1934. Evidence of any accomplices was never found.The Nazi leadership was quick to arrive at the scene. An eyewitness said that upon seeing the fire, Göring called out: ‘This is the beginning of the Communist revolt, they will start their attack now! Not a moment must be lost!' Before he could go on, Hitler shouted: 'There will be no mercy now. Anyone who stands in our way will be cut down.’The next morning, President Von Hindenburg promulgated the Reichstag Fire Decree. It formed the basis for the dictatorship. The civil rights of the German people were curtailed. Freedom of expression was no longer a matter of course and the police could arbitrarily search houses and arrest people. The political opponents of the Nazis were essentially outlawed.

Sounds like what the American political party in question is doing and advocating for, doesn’t it?

i personally could care less what sf or any other city in the land of fruits&nuts thinks of the nra.i will add that it always makes me laugh when the left wing wackos make fools of them self like they do.

Moonbats and moonbeams. All good vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This coming from the same city that allows lethal drug use and shitting on sidewalks. What is their opinion of ANTIFA?

The median home price in San Francisco is $1.3 million dollars. The "plight" of the San Francisco residents under the homeless junkie street defecators has been pushed into mainstream consciousness because those wealthy residents control large portions of the media.

They could pay a higher property tax (way below the national average), give up some precious high dollar property for shelters, treatment centers, and public restrooms, etc.

Instead they want you the federal taxpayer to fix the issue. Unlike all of California's entitlement program grifts there's no money to be made on homeless junkies (short of providing them the drugs also compliments of you the taxpayer).

Redistributing wealth from the working class to the rich isn't communism, it's crony capitalism.

This coming from the same city that allows lethal drug use and shitting on sidewalks. What is their opinion of ANTIFA?

The median home price in San Francisco is $1.3 million dollars. The "plight" of the San Francisco residents under the homeless junkie street defecators has been pushed into mainstream consciousness because those wealthy residents control large portions of the media.

They could pay a higher property tax (way below the national average), give up some precious high dollar property for shelters, treatment centers, and public restrooms, etc.

Instead they want you the federal taxpayer to fix the issue. Unlike all of California's entitlement program grifts there's no money to be made on homeless junkies (short of providing them the drugs also compliments of you the taxpayer).

Redistributing wealth from the working class to the rich isn't communism, it's crony capitalism.

Only 570 Sq. Ft., but at least the inside looks better than the outside. $599,000

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/17-Laidley-St_San-Francisco_CA_94131_M28158-60215?view=qv

A relative called me today to see if I had heard about this "NRA declaration". I advised them that I had indeed heard of this garbage. My relative then asked if I had heard that Governor Newsom (sp??) has also signed a new law that prohibits citizens from assisting a police officer, even if the officer asks for help. I haven't heard that nor have I been able to find anything - but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Good, police in California are the jackbooted enforcers for the most unconstitutional politicians in the country. Nobody should be forced, nor want to help them. The Supreme Court says they police are under no legal obligation to help you so seems fair.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

Orwellian that they even had a law forcing police assistance under penalty of fines and a misdemeanor on the books in the first place.

Good, police in California are the jackbooted enforcers for the most unconstitutional politicians in the country. Nobody should be forced, nor want to help them. The Supreme Court says they police are under no legal obligation to help you so seems fair.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

Orwellian that they even had a law forcing police assistance under penalty of fines and a misdemeanor on the books in the first place.

I guess under the old law if a police officer was trying to confiscate someones firearms under the red flag law he could ask you for help if the gun owner didn't cooperate. The fox news article says you now aren't required to help a LEO it doesn't say you are prohibited from doing so.

I guess under the old law if a police officer was trying to confiscate someones firearms under the red flag law he could ask you for help if the gun owner didn't cooperate. The fox news article says you now aren't required to help a LEO it doesn't say you are prohibited from doing so.

Several states have these laws but some allow for the citizen to refuse in certain situations such but not limited to if the person in question feared for their own safety. It would for example be unreasonable for a cop to expect an unarmed person to help the cop confront a gunman and the cop would likely assume responsibility for the safety of the person that were to assist the cop.

This also out of California. City of Fresno PD steals $300k from arrestee and CA9 rules that there's no clearly established right to not have your property stolen by police.

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2019/09/04/17-16756.pdf

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This also out of California. City of Fresno PD steals $300k from arrestee and CA9 rules that there's no clearly established right to not have your property stolen by police. http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2019/09/04/17-16756.pdf Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Unbelievable. I can't believe what I just read.

Those cops should be in prison, yet the CA9 found a way to finagle the wording to make the theft "ok".

Unbelievable. I can't believe what I just read.Those cops should be in prison, yet the CA9 found a way to finagle the wording to make the theft "ok".
Courts have been extra cautious to deny QI and now they're basically requiring a case that addressed the EXACT same issue before the right is clearly established even though any reasonable cop (person) would know it's unconstitutional to steal from citizens (their employer). Cop in Georgia who tried to shoot a dog from 18" away and missed, TWICE, and hit a kid in the leg the second time, got QI from CA10 because no cop has ever shot at a dog and missed twice and hit a bystander who was a few feet away. Now the kid's mom has to pay for all of the medical bills associated with that cop's stupidity.Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This also out of California. City of Fresno PD steals $300k from arrestee and CA9 rules that there's no clearly established right to not have your property stolen by police. http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2019/09/04/17-16756.pdf Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This ruling makes it easier for cops to be perceived as armed robbers.

Unbelievable. I can't believe what I just read. Those cops should be in prison, yet the CA9 found a way to finagle the wording to make the theft "ok".
Courts have been extra cautious to deny QI and now they're basically requiring a case that addressed the EXACT same issue before the right is clearly established even though any reasonable cop (person) would know it's unconstitutional to steal from citizens (their employer). Cop in Georgia who tried to shoot a dog from 18" away and missed, TWICE, and hit a kid in the leg the second time, got QI from CA10 because no cop has ever shot at a dog and missed twice and hit a bystander who was a few feet away. Now the kid's mom has to pay for all of the medical bills associated with that cop's stupidity. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the police and fire departments should collect charity funds to cover the medical costs for this child.

It IS armed robbery. Not perceived. The only difference is that some cop is doing it instead of a banger. I'm utterly shocked no one is going to prison over this because this scumbag pocketed over a quarter million of this guy's stuff. My jaw was on the floor when I first saw this decision. And this is the SECOND TIME that court has come to the same conclusion. Way to foster public trust, Fresno.

Any cop who doesn't understand that stealing someone's personal property is a 4A violation also is not eligible for execution under SCOTUS standards for "mental retardation." Also shouldn't be allowed to own a gun because that level of stupidity when combined with arrogance is extremely dangerous.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

It IS armed robbery. Not perceived. The only difference is that some cop is doing it instead of a banger. I'm utterly shocked no one is going to prison over this because this scumbag pocketed over a quarter million of this guy's stuff. My jaw was on the floor when I first saw this decision. And this is the SECOND TIME that court has come to the same conclusion. Way to foster public trust, Fresno. Any cop who doesn't understand that stealing someone's personal property is a 4A violation also is not eligible for execution under SCOTUS standards for "mental retardation." Also shouldn't be allowed to own a gun because that level of stupidity when combined with arrogance is extremely dangerous. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Since this ruling does not magically turn all cops into armed robbers I chose the term perceived as armed robbers when referring to how this case affects cops in general. As far as I know most cops are not armed robbers so I did not want to claim all cops are armed robbers due to this ruling. This ruling, however may make it easier for someone to shoot cops and claim that they were stopping an armed robbery.

NRA sues San Francisco over terrorist declaration

The National Rifle Association sued San Francisco on Monday over the city's recent declaration that the gun-rights lobby is a "domestic terrorist organization."

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, accuses city officials of violating the gun lobby's free speech rights for political reasons and says the city is seeking to blacklist anyone associated with the NRA. It asks the court to step in "to instruct elected officials that freedom of speech means you cannot silence or punish those with whom you disagree."

LaPierre, NRA's CEO, vowed to fight the move by city officials saying in a statement: "This lawsuit comes with a message to those who attack the NRA: We will never stop fighting for our law-abiding members and their constitutional freedoms. Some politicians forget that all 5 million of us in the NRA stand for freedom and that we believe it is a cause worth fighting for. We will always confront illegal and discriminatory practices against our organization and the millions of members we serve."

The move by city officials has received some pushback from those who believe it amounts to "virtue signaling." An editorial in the Los Angeles Times written by Michael McGough argued that although the NRA should be criticized for blocking efforts to stem gun violence, it's not accurate to label it a "domestic terrorist organization."

"Police shootings and gun violence understandably inspire strong emotions, and elected officials are no exception. But they need to watch their words, especially when those words are contained in legislation or, in this case, pseudo-legislation," McGough wrote.

From that story:

The Sacramento Bee reported that the old law, the California Posse Comitatus Act of 1872, was common in the country’s early days, but Sen. Bob Hertzberg, a Los Angeles Democrat who sponsored the bill, called the old law a “vestige of a bygone era." The law was employed to help catch runaway slaves, the report said.

Wow, Bob Hertzberg is a complete ignoramus! He thinks there were runaway slaves in 1872? These are the same morons Jay Leno counted on in his "Jay Walking" skit where he would ask people simple questions that they would get spectacularly wrong, like not knowing who the combatants in the Civil War were or even what century it occurred.

Wow. Florida mayor rips them one. Great points right on the mark!

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/09/10/florida-mayor-pens-epic-letter-to-sf-supervisors-over-nra-terrorist-label/

Florida Mayor Pens Epic Letter To SF Supervisors Over NRA “Terrorist” Label

Posted at 4:34 pm on September 10, 2019 by Cam Edwards

54e1d6454856a814ea89867ac42c3063143ad8ed

Supervisors in San Francisco are already facing a new lawsuit over a resolution labelling the NRA a “domestic terrorist organization” and ordering city offices to cut ties with any contractor that has any connection or involvement with the NRA. Now we’re seeing insult added to injury in the form of a letter from the mayor of Vero Beach, Florida to the supervisors in San Francisco.

Mayor Val Zudans channeled his inner Kurt Schlichter when decided to let the supervisors know what he thought of their resolution.

Liberals have made guns such a polarizing issue now, it really makes one wonder how gun owners will be seen and treated in just 10 short years.. What new ways they'll find to persecute and/or prosecute us. The left has gone full wacko on millions of citizens just because those citizens own a mechanical object, a tool.

Archived